Aquila Low G unwound reds new tests: are there volunteers?

mimmo

Reaction score
Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)
Hi guys,
how you already know, I am all the time on my job trying to improve the quality of strings.
This job is nothing but easy.
I think to have improved the low G unwound reds.
are there some volunteers that like to give a try?
I would like to have those that are VERY UPSET with me because the high rate of brekages of the low G reds.:eek:
Are there some around??
I have low G single reds for soprano, Concert and Tenor.
I will send them for gree of course plus one more that is my thanks.
If you agree send me a PM.
I do this test because I suspect that there are still some old version around. I have to understand the whole situation and the very UPSET people are my goal.
thanks
Mimmo, Aquilastrings owner & founder, Northen Italy (Venice)

Ps: when I have reach 5 or 6 guys I will stop to send samples

Last edited:
I have a tenor that had low G red breakage problems. I'd be happy to try again!

Scooter

I'm disappointed that I can't help because I've never had any breakages with Reds and I'm very happy with them. Best of luck Mimmo.

I love Aquila Reds! Thankful that I've never had one break. Love the feel and texture of them

well, I have a plenty of 'upset' guys that sent me a PM. thank you very much
Now it is Sunday, tomorrow morning I will send them these samples for the tests.
I trust a lot on these reds, however this test is very interesting

I would like to racomend to install them following my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PofpCUOUIr8&feature=em-upload_owner

Take care
Mimmo

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that I can't help because I've never had any breakages with Reds and I'm very happy with them. Best of luck Mimmo.

I'm the same ... hi-G, lo-G, banjolele, soprano and concert - never a problem :music:

Was low G an issue? I thought it was the A that broke alot.

I've only had a low G red once, and I put it on just about all my ukes at one point....the same one... and it never broke. I'd probably still have it but I gave it away with a pay it forward uke.

I thought it was the thin ones that had breakage problems.

actually we receive just a few complaints concerning the A string.
This post is around the Low G reds only: I have in aim to improve the quality of these ones.
actually in total we do not receive many complaints back, however, these low G reds deserve an improvement.
The mean problem here is that when a Low G red broken, in most of cases I have no idea which batch it is.
Now, these Low G reds were improved a lot so it is very helpfull to have around these unhappy guys here so I can have the best feedback.

take care dude
Mimmo

WELL, I HAVE A LOT OF VOLUNTEERS NOW. SO i STOP HERE. MANY THANKS AGAIN.

Last edited:
...... I thought it was the A that broke alot.......the thin ones that had breakage problems.

You may be thinking of the thread about the 'A' string breakages on the RISA stick/solid ukes, some of them were Reds.

My low 'G' Red broke whilst it was on a uke sitting in its case, the other one is still OK, so far. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom