Ukulele as a High School Grad Requirement

glp

Reaction score
Sorta. In Rhode Island to graduate you must do two things: create a portfolio of work that meets certain criteria and a Senior Project. For mine I chose to learn ukulele and post a video on Youtube of some of my playing. Ive been playing since the fall and did not pick this up as fast as some others. The video is two clips of me playing Modest Mouse's "Float on". I usually look much happier when I am "jammin" on it.
I would really appreciate you guys watching it and leaving nice comments there and criticisms here. I will have to show a clip of this to a group of judges and would love to say I had X number views.
Thanks everyone in this uke community for watching and taking your time to read this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wifz7qwoxj0

Last edited:
Nice job! What a cool senior project. Although I am relieved I never had to do one.

Come on everybody -- help him get a great grade on this. View the video.

Thanks for watching and commenting so far. I do plan on adding another video before the end of the month, maybe Wonderful Tonight.

I figure Id add some conclusion to this. The video worked out great during my presentation and the judges loved hearing the uke. I stayed answering questions after the allotted time. Last friday I graduated. Thank the uke.

try using your wrist instead of your whole elbow and forearm

I changed everything about my strum over the past couple months. It didnt help I was getting a little pissed, it was around the 30th take.

Top Bottom