Transitioning from uke to Harp Uke

brUKEman

Reaction score
Has anyone here switched from a standard uke to a Harp uke and how difficult was the transition. I do a lot of chord and melody and think those extra notes would sound really great. I am pretty set in my 4 string uke ways and don't know how difficult it would be for me.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Has anyone here switched from a standard uke to a Harp uke and how difficult was the transition. I do a lot of chord and melody and think those extra notes would sound really great. I am pretty set in my 4 string uke ways and don't know how difficult it would be for me.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sadly, I dont have an answer, but I too have often wondered the same things...the sound of a Harp Uke seems so multi-dimensional to me...and then thinking about how to tune the bass strings, etc...what key? does it change per song?

For solo performance, one of these would be amazing, however for my own songwriting, doing multi-tracking, and using a guitar or even a baritone and some pitch-shifting effects could get me to the same kind of end result (at least in the recording)...

...but yes, would not 'be the same' since actually playing a Harp Uke would be part of the 'experience'...alas, but to dream...:)

I found this, maybe it helps?
F C E G for the harp part, and normal G C E A for the ukulele part, later in the video he says he tunes the harp section for the key he is playing in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom