FS: Kala Tenor KA-ATP-CTG-CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

lfoo6952

Reaction score
IMG_0617.jpgIMG_0618.jpgIMG_0623.jpgIMG_0625.jpgHi Folks:

I am putting up for sale a Kala Tenor ukulele, model # KA-ATP-CTG-CE. It has a cedar top and acacia back & sides. It has a pickup and a cutaway. For a full description, here is the link to Kala's website: https://kalabrand.com/collections/solid-cedar-top-acacia-ukulele/products/ka-atp-ctg-ce

If you do a search on this forum, you'll find that it has gotten rave reviews from the regulars here. I bought it in April 2016 as my starter ukulele, and as I got better, I bought 3 more tenors of increasing price and quality. Consequently this Kala has been neglected, so it is best that it find a new home. It is in excellent condition.

I am asking $175, which includes the cost of packing and shipping.

regards
LukeIMG_0621.JPG

Hi Luke -

May I ask the vendor you bought it from?

Has a setup been done (or did it even need a setup)?

How is the intonation?

Mahalo - Booli :)

Hi Booli:

I bought it from Guitar Showcase in San Jose, CA.

The playability suited me, so I didn't feel that it needed a set up, but your mileage my vary.

To my ears, I never felt it had an intonation problem, so today I tested each fret position on each string up to the 12th fret. The G and A strings are almost spot on. The C and E strings are off (but within 2 cents) at some of the fret positions. But at that price point, I wouldn't expect it to be perfect.

Let me know if you have any further questions or PM me. Thanks.

regards
Luke

Hi Booli:

I bought it from Guitar Showcase in San Jose, CA.

The playability suited me, so I didn't feel that it needed a set up, but your mileage my vary.

To my ears, I never felt it had an intonation problem, so today I tested each fret position on each string up to the 12th fret. The G and A strings are almost spot on. The C and E strings are off (but within 2 cents) at some of the fret positions. But at that price point, I wouldn't expect it to be perfect.

Let me know if you have any further questions or PM me. Thanks.

regards
Luke

Luke, apologies for the late reply, and thanks for answering my questions.

I had hope to have some funds to re-home this one from you but that has fallen through, so I am out of the running.

I am sure that whomever is the new owner will be very happy with this one. It's been about 2 yrs since I've seen one on the Marketplace, and never offered at such a good price. That tells me folks are holding on these, and letting other ukes go...

Best of luck with the sale. :)

No worries Booli.

I am closing this thread because I found a buyer. Thanks to all of you who inquired about it. I received multiple offers but I felt obligated to sell it to the first person who gave me an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom