FS: 3G Woodworks Red Cedar / Sycamore concert ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkerDrew

Reaction score
An all solid wood red cedar and sycamore concert ukulele from 3G Woodworks. I bought this from Aaron Keim through the forum about 2 years ago and have played it quite a bit since then. It has a surprisingly loud, sweet voice and plays very well with good intonation.

I contacted the builder Garret Gardener after purchase just to get a little more info. His website is here:

http://www.3gwoodworks.com/ukuleles.html

The top made from red cedar and back/sides made from sycamore. All of the rest of the wood (neck and bindings) is mahogany. The pickup used is an under-saddle passive pickup from a company called guitar fuel. The fretboard is fully bound too. I'm guessing also with sycamore. There are some nice abalone or similar fret markers too.

The setup is good as is the action, which I adjusted to 2.25mm at the 12th fret. It is currently strung reentrant with Fremont Blacklines. All in all a nicely put together uke!

There are a couple of cosmetic issues (see pics). You can see my strumming has caused some wear on the lacquer finish below the fretboard on the upper bout.

There is a small crease (see album) which was there when I go it 2 years ago. It hasn't changed and there is no buzzing or other issues which would indicate a loose brace or something. I would consider is a stable irregularity to the soundboard

There is a small dent (see album) on the back of the neck close to the body.

35972295642_598390213b_z.jpg

35972312162_9ac99a0b87_z.jpg

I am asking $200 via paypal which includes the case and USPS shipping within the CUSA. 48 hour inspection period. Buyer satisfaction guaranteed or full refund. Return shipping at buyers expense.

I will include a couple of sound samples in further posts. PM me with any questions.

More pics available here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5ck8Yp

Here's another. My tremolo picking was pretty rough but I play all the way up the fretboard

Interesting site. I'm a tenor player but how is the build... lite? You concert sounds good. Look like they are just below me in BC. Curious so will search for sound sample on tenors. Prices new look good as does you price. Good luck!

Interesting site. I'm a tenor player but how is the build... lite? You concert sounds good. Look like they are just below me in BC. Curious so will search for sound sample on tenors. Prices new look good as does you price. Good luck!

Thanks for your question. I wouldn't characterize this uke as a light build although it feels light enough to me. The balance is good. The neck feels solid to me and the open tuners add some weight compared to smaller friction style.

I agree I was pleasantly surprised by the loud and sweet voice it has, particularly as strung. I have never tried it with linear tuning, but I expect I would not like the results as much.

I will weigh the uke tonight and post back.

Any other questions or requests let me know!

As promised I checked this uke on my Hario scale and came out with 465 grams (16.4 ounces)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom