Compass Rose Maple tenor sunburst UK

Mattyukaholic

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's with a heavy heart I sell this beautiful Compass Rose tenor as I've not had it long. My new Hive Hornet just arrived and I can't see past playing my two Hives.

My friend bought it direct from Rick Turner at NAMM a few years back but as a guitarist never played the thing. I bought it from him good as new.

It's is serial number 13 265. The flamed maple body (top, back and sides) is really stunning with a really classy sunburst finish. The neck is mahogany I believe. It has the really clever cantilevered fretboard and really sings. The sound is bright and crisp but with a real oomph! (Technical term! :) ).

There are minute signs of use but it honestly looks to me as good as new. I've only played it a few times. It comes with the original receipt and has a really amazing case; light but strong!

I'm based in the U.K. but am happy to ship worldwide if the buyer pays.

£900 plus postage and fees.

Thanks,
Matt

IMG_7618.jpg

IMG_7619.jpg

IMG_7621.jpg

IMG_7620.jpg

IMG_7622.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking Compass Rose, Matt. But I know where you are coming from with regards to your new Hive. :)

I am curious when this Compass Rose was built? Is it possible that Jake built this one too? If it was in 2013, then I imagine not.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I think it was 2013 but I'm not sure if it was Jake or not. I got the impression Rick had done this one himself.

Beautiful uke! I am looking for a Rick Turner right now and your price seems fair (not sure what the exchange rate to US$ is right now) but alas, I have a beautiful Webber custom all maple sunburst already and one bright maple uke is all I need. I'm looking for something rosewood or mahogany. Anyway, just had to chime in a say it's a beauty and good luck! Rick

Lovely instrument Matt, saw your post on 'got a ukulele' showing your new Hive, stunning!
I'm in the UK and am looking for a new uke at the moment but sadly this is beyond my budget. I'm a soprano guy really anyway, if you happen to have any nice sopranos that may go unplayed now let me know :)

Thanks guys. I'm open to offers. I'm trying to concentrate on what I'm most likely to play and two tenors is enough. I'd be interested in trading for a baritone e.g. Pono, Bruko plus some cash my way.

Have confidence doing business with this guy. He is an absolute professional and takes care of his stuff.

Best on the sale, Matt.

Hi everyone,

I leant my uke to a fellow uke trooper and he noticed a tiny defect in the laquet next to the bridge. I'd not ever noticed it before. It appears a tiny bit of laquer has chipped next to the bridge.

IMG_7696.jpg

In the interests of openness I thought I'd share it here. I've reduced the price accordingly too. Get yourself a bargain! Now £900 and open to trades.

Thanks,
Matt

Top Bottom