FS: New Soprano H. Mahogany Uke by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
Here is a new soprano size uke I completed this week. This uke has no frills but is made with the same high quality materials and methods of construction. It is made of 20 year old Honduran Mahogany for the body. The neck is Mango wood with a truss rod. Although the mango does have worm holes, there are no worms, very unique looking wood. There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total. Indian rosewood fingerboard and bridge. White plastic fret dots with white side dots. 1 3/8" nut width. Bone nut and saddle. Waverly brand chrome friction tuners with plastic black knobs. Worth BM brand strings. The playing scale is 13 3/4". High gloss nitro-lacquer finish hand rubbed to a satin smooth touch and look. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow mahogany sound with excellent volume and intonation. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states.Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

SOLD

Attachments

• 2017-7-26 Soprano Mahogony -a.jpg
    2017-7-26 Soprano Mahogony -a.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 2017-7-26 Soprano Mahogony -b.jpg
    2017-7-26 Soprano Mahogony -b.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 2017-7-26 Soprano Mahogony -c.jpg
    2017-7-26 Soprano Mahogony -c.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I really like this. Congrats to the buyer.
(Envy mode)

I purchased the last koa Black Bear for sale here. Unbelievable deal. What a fantastic instrument! It ranks in my top 4 ukes, along with my Mya-Moe, Kanilea, and vintage Kamaka. Terrific tone and volume for the size, a pleasure to look at with classically beautiful lines. Spot on intonation. Set up perfectly and very easy to play. Even the strings were selected to optimize the tone and playability. I'm a very happy past buyer.

I'm guessing that whoever is lucky enough to get this instrument will be quite content as well.

Somebody is going to get a great luthier built instrument from one of the best at a great price. If I had some cash right now I would be really tempted!!

Never received a response to the PM, and your inbox is full.

This is a ridiculously good deal! A handmade Honduran mahogany ukulele with a hand-rubbed nitro finish for the price of an import??
This is a no-brainer folks!

Top Bottom