FS Luis Feu de Mesquita Classical Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
For sale is a wonderful classical tenor by Luis Feu de Mesquita. Named “Dulcinea” by Luis, this uke is a “Spanish Guitar” variant of the Ukaferri family. It features a beautiful mosaic rosette with a fish motif on a Carpathian Spruce top, with the tested-and-true East Indian Rosewood back and sides. It also has a custom special carved head stock, two birds facing each other. Dulcinea is lovely, with no scratches, dents or dings and is in like new condition, and sounds terrific. I have two LFdM tenors so I think that I can part with one in my efforts to reduce my collection.

- Carpathian Spruce Top
- East Indian Rosewood Back and Sides
- Spanish Cedar Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- Ebony Bridge
- RW ? Bindings
- Grover Tuners
- Beautiful Marquetry Rosette
- Matching colored purflings on top, sides
- Lattice bracing
- Kala Tweed Hardcase

Dulcinea's sound is as beautiful as her looks. Her tone is warm, resonant, and very projecting with much volume. She is currently strung in low g with a combination of strings (SC wound g, D’ Addario wound c, and Oasis bright trebles). I keep her in B or B-flat tuning.

Sample in B tuning : https://app.box.com/s/6tfex24yrg9fbsv5kluv6x09bux3rmf6
Sample in B-flat tuning : https://app.box.com/s/zb9qktxh1e4mdeugs0xpt0onnr472cr9

Sold

P1070817 by

P1070816 , on Flickr

P1070825 , on Flickr

2017-07-26 20.26.44 , on Flickr

Last edited:
Looks beautiful!

The drool :drool: factor is high on this one!

wow! if i were still buying ukes, I'd probably buy this!

Wow, another beauty Hodge!
Is the nut width 1.5 inch?

For any "noobs" who don't already know, you can buy from Hodge with confidence. I've purchased two ukes from him in very smooth transactions. This seems like a great buy on a popular builder's instrument.

Such a distinctive style and design. This is a lovely one. Best wishes, Hodge!

That's an incredibly low price for an LFDM! Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom