Fishman or Shadow pickup?

tuscadero

Reaction score
I'm getting a pickup installed in my Fender Nohea, not that I shred, or play in a band or anything, I just think, it's a Fender, I should be able to plug it in, right?
The shop offered me two options, a Fishman with a preamp $125 installed or a Shadow for $165 installed. I really didn't get any other specs, not that I would understand them if I had them.
I'm wondering if any of you have experience with either brand, or advice for me regarding pickup installation, good small amps for tooling around, etc.

p.s. I know Fender has a uke with pickup installed, but it's the mahogany model and I thought the Nohea was prettier. I'm a graphic designer, I do judge the book by the cover, what can I say ;)

I can't give a comparison but I've used Fishman on my upright bass for about 15 years.

I love it. It amplifies the natural acoustic sound without making it sound plugged in. That's what an acoustic amp should do, imo.

And having a preamp onboard is a nice feature.

2 cents from me.:D

I think this Mi-Si is what Dominator uses.. Im planning on installing this one on one of my tenor when funds are available.

I thought I would throw this in the Mix

I used to use Fishman Matrix on all my under saddle pickup installations, but I hated the weight of the battery and the wires associated with it. I still use the Fishman element but I now use the MiSi preamp with it. The super-capacitor eliminates the need for a battery and runs about 10 hours per one minute charge. Clean and simple.

Top Bottom