PDA

View Full Version : My UBass is here

Edspyhill05
07-31-2017, 05:42 PM
I picked up my UBass today. Sounds great. This UBass needs as much technique as an electric bass as far as plucking strings and fretting. I get a little lazy and my middle finger produces a louder twangy note.

One question I have is, if I keep a chord plugged into the UBass end jack will it drain the on-board batteries? (Kala is MIA for customer support.)

for practice I'm using a clean headphone amp that lets the bass tone wrap my ears in low notes.

Ed

kohanmike
07-31-2017, 08:40 PM
On all of my Rondo active preamp bass ukes, leaving the cable plugged in drains the battery.

Edspyhill05
08-01-2017, 11:57 AM
On all of my Rondo active preamp bass ukes, leaving the cable plugged in drains the battery.

Thanks. I'm not leaving the chord plugged in just in case.

Ed

UkerDanno
08-02-2017, 03:06 AM
How about some pic's?!

try contacting stephanie@kalabrandmusic.com for customer support...

Edspyhill05
08-07-2017, 10:48 AM
How about some pic's?!

try contacting stephanie@kalabrandmusic.com for customer support...

Stephanie at Kala verified that leaving the signal cord plugged in "WILL" drain the batteries on the UBass.

Ed

Edspyhill05
08-07-2017, 11:00 AM
I wanted to add that For the headphone amp I'm using something branded Xvive. I got it super cheap direct from China, on Ebay. It is labeled Acoustic GA-1. It has a Rechargeable battery via USB. I like the clean bass signal. No fancy distortion. Sounds like an upright. As far as the headphones, I always seem to use an old pair of Audio-Technica headphones with shredded foam covers, ATH-01.