Mainland tuner buttons

Ukecaster

Reaction score
I have a Mainland standard mahogany tenor. These have the sealed geared tuners (look like Gotoh or Ping style knockoffs). The tuner buttons are very small, and I want larger ones, as it is hard for me to good get a grip on these. Anyone know what will fit? I had some larger black friction tuner buttons from another uke (low-end Grover 2B, I believe). I tried them, and they worked ok, a bit loose, but not terrible (see pic with 2 of the bigger buttons installed), and much friendlier for me to grip. They felt and looked a lot better to me. Only thing is, halfway through, I realized I only have 3 of them, not 4. Anyone know what will fit, or have a single Grover 2B black friction tuner button kicking around?

20170802_180729.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I did, Mike didn't say who the supplier was, but did mention there were no larger buttons available from the supplier. I'll examine the shafts closer, and see if I can match up with some Ping or Gotoh buttons, or just use some Teflon tape to tighten things up slightly on a set of Grover 2B buttons, which I like. I just gotta find a 4th one, or a used set in somebody's parts drawer.

Please report back if you find something that works--I'd also like larger buttons on my Mainland, and switch them to ebony, or similar, if feasible.

John, I've got a set of tuners in the junk drawer, I'll see if I can figure out whether the buttons are the size you want.

Cool, please let me know what you have. I like the Grover 2B size tuner buttons, and could also grab a new set of those for $10.00 and just use the buttons.

Top Bottom