Nearly 60 subscribers, time for a new phase

SamWise

Reaction score
I've been loving making Youtube videos of all sorts of songs, and I don't propose to stop doing that. Far from it in fact, I feel like recently I've taken the quality of what I'm doing to a new level, and that makes me happy.

What you may not know about me, however, is that I have in the past taken myself quite seriously as a songwriter. Now that I have nearly 60 subscribers, I think it's time to do something with those songs. I'm planning to try to make videos for songs I recorded long ago. These won't be performance videos like my current ones are, because I recorded these some time ago. Instead, I'm going to try to make some kind of musical promotion video (the limitations of my crappy camera mean they won't be super-amazing, but there you go). So, if you subscribe to my channel, get ready for some originals. If you don't, well then maybe you should!

I'm a big fan of your channel, but I'm begging you for a better camera!!

Yeah, Seeso, just as soon as I have the spare cash, a Flip Mino will be on the way. For now, I'm stuck!

Link - no, these are from before I played uke. I've been thinking through them, but non really suits ukulele. They're guitar, bass, keyboards mostly.

jeeze when you think about getting subscribers it is actually quite difficult
i wish i had 60 man but then there's fred with over 1,000,000
i have 6! and i was soo happy when i found out that people were actually subscribing to me
but yeah nice one!

Last edited:
I want 60 subscribers! Wait I need a youtube channel. And and videos to put on youtube. And actually know how to play songs. :(

The first video is nice. Maybe when you get some time you could arrange that song for uke, or are you not planning to do that with your older compositions?

FBG

I could; I'm just not sure that I can hear that song sounding good on uke in my head. I've done it acoustic a few times, and that just about works, but I'm not sure the uke has the necessary kick to carry it.

This is, I promise you, my best video so far. Maybe my best song too, certainly one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFfTBWt73_4

I was thinking how amazing technology has been in enabling us to do this stuff. I'm a hundred miles from home, I went out, using my Blackberry as a Satnav, crossed Bristol to find the Clifton Suspension Bridge, put my Ipod in my ear to hear the song I'd recorded on my computer at home, set up a digital camera and shot a video. Lots of it, in fact. Then I satnaved back to the hotel, plugged the camera into my laptop, and edited the video in my hotel room, uploaded it to Youtube, and here we are! 5 or 6 years ago, I'd have needed a major label record contract to make a video and get it to you. Hurrah for the internet!

SamWise, I have really enjoyed the last couple videos you did. Looking forward to hearing more of your original work.

FBG

Top Bottom