Banjo Uke or Resonator Uke?

Whichever one interests me the most.

I would love a resonator. I have a banjo uke and I love her to bunches but she just doesn't sound as cool as a resonator.

most definately the resonator uke. the way I am thinking now, is that a resonator would have a lot of projection?

You need to buy the donmo for sale in the marketplace. A steel at $550.

hi-yoooo!

No seriously, folks. That's a nice uke.

I got a Republic resonator uke a few weeks back. LOVING it. Especially since working on Rob's (fingerstyleuke) 'banjo for ukulele' book. I had also tried a banjo uke several months ago at a local shop but the scale was too small for me at the time. I think I could play it now but it's gone. It had steel strings on it, too. Loud.

Anyway..

Here is how a rough William Tell sounds on a Republic reso uke.

Pineapple!

I would go for the resonator if I were choosing between the two. :shaka:

I got a Republic resonator uke a few weeks back. LOVING it. Especially since working on Rob's (fingerstyleuke) 'banjo for ukulele' book. I had also tried a banjo uke several months ago at a local shop but the scale was too small for me at the time. I think I could play it now but it's gone. It had steel strings on it, too. Loud.
Anyway..
Here is how a rough William Tell sounds on a Republic reso uke.

Wow Tim, what a marvelous arrangement. Is it yours? And now for the proverbial question, do you have a tab? Boy would I love to learn this.

I had a resonator but I had to get rid of it. It was SO LOUD that I couldn't sing over it (and I hate recording and editing multiple tracks).

The resonator now resides with Russbuss and seems much better suited to him. :)

Top Bottom