Ono Custom Claro Walnut/Port Orford Cedar 18" Scale Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slackkey007

Reaction score
Mountain View, CA by way of Waipahu, Hawaii
I am selling my mint condition Ono Custom Claro Walnut/Port Orford Cedar 18" Scale Tenor ukulele handmade by David Ingalls in Ashland, Oregon. This particular uke was featured at last year's UGH here on Oahu. It has a side sound port, radiused and cantilevered fretboard, Gotoh UPT tuners with black knobs(I had Joel over at HMS change them because the original Gotoh UPTs had white knobs), and LR Baggs 5.0 active pickup.

This uke looks, sounds, and plays great! The only reason that I am selling it is because I can't stand the looks of traditional headstocks. I LOVE slotted headstocks! I am also selling my only other non-slothead uke as well.

Here is a link to Kalei Gamiao playing this exact uke:

https://vimeo.com/192707126

20170810_195613.jpgOnoClaroWalnutPortOrfordCedarTenor.jpgOnoClaroWalnutPortOrfordCedarTenor2.jpgOnoClaroWalnutPortOrfordCedarTenor3.jpgOnoClaroWalnutPortOrfordCedarTenor5.jpg

This uke is no longer available

Last edited:
Wow. Great opportunity for somebody to jump to the head of the line. You must have some incredible ukes to let this one go over a headstock. :p

Just curious, what strings and tuning do you have on it?

Great deal on a beautiful custom Ono! That Walnut is amazing!

I have an 18" scale Ono that David completed for me earlier this year. For those wanting a bit more vertical space as you go up the neck, this scale is very easy to adapt to, coming from a standard 17" scale.

Good luck with the sale Kimo!

Wow. Great opportunity for somebody to jump to the head of the line. You must have some incredible ukes to let this one go over a headstock. :p

Just curious, what strings and tuning do you have on it?

Aloha Jim,

It's strung up with a Thomas-Infeld CF-30 flat wound Low G and Oasis brights. This is a great sounding uke! Dave's custom handmade instruments are probably the best value for a quality custom instrument on the market today. He just made his first slothead uke, so I may have to order one soon!

Mahalo,

Kimo

Aloha Jim,

It's strung up with a Thomas-Infeld CF-30 flat wound Low G and Oasis brights. This is a great sounding uke! Dave's custom handmade instruments are probably the best value for a quality custom instrument on the market today. He just made his first slothead uke, so I may have to order one soon!

Mahalo,

Kimo

I agree with this and had the pleasure of playing this at UGH last year. Somebody's going to be very, very happy!

Great deal on a beautiful custom Ono! That Walnut is amazing!

I have an 18" scale Ono that David completed for me earlier this year. For those wanting a bit more vertical space as you go up the neck, this scale is very easy to adapt to, coming from a standard 17" scale.

Good luck with the sale Kimo!

Mahalo nui loa for your kind words, bruddah Kevin!:shaka:

Aloha Jim,

Mahalo,

Kimo

I agree with this and had the pleasure of playing this at UGH last year. Somebody's going to be very, very happy!

Mahalo for your endorsement regarding the quality of this awesome uke, from someone who actually physically played this uke in person, bruddah Eddie!!!:shaka:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom