Looking for a smartphone app - random chords for practice

cyber3d

Reaction score
Is there a smartphone app that can display a chord and "listen" to you strumming it and tell you if you are playing it correctly?

Maybe one with a little A.I. so that it can help you learn the chords. If it can monitor your progress and increase the beat as you progress?

Anything like that?

for Android or iOS?

Maybe search google for 'chord teacher app' or 'chord detection app' or 'pitch detection app' as most smartphones since about 2015 have the CPU power to accurately do pitch detection...

The iTunes App store, or Android Play store may have something, just leave off the word 'app' when searching those...

However, none of these will train your own ear, and you might find some of the options on UkeBuddy useful from the menu across the top right of the page: https://ukebuddy.com/ukulele-chords

It's more of a lesson app, but I use Yousician. It's really helped me learn.

for Android or iOS?

Maybe search google for 'chord teacher app' or 'chord detection app' or 'pitch detection app' as most smartphones since about 2015 have the CPU power to accurately do pitch detection...

The iTunes App store, or Android Play store may have something, just leave off the word 'app' when searching those...

However, none of these will train your own ear, and you might find some of the options on UkeBuddy useful from the menu across the top right of the page: https://ukebuddy.com/ukulele-chords

That Ukebuddy is pretty cool. Not what I was looking for but a nice adjunct to my ukulele learning arsenal.

On Guitar uberChord has the listening and AI capabilities. We interviewed the developer on our last Music Education and Technology Podcast (metpodcast.wordpress.com). The new Populele app listens to you as you play (and no--don't have one of those yet...will buy one used someday).

Someone on Facebook introduced me to the UkeMaster app, which I am looking forward to using to learn chord positions down the neck. I can manually figure them out...but I want to learn all the positions like I learned the 1st position chords.

On Guitar uberChord has the listening and AI capabilities. We interviewed the developer on our last Music Education and Technology Podcast (metpodcast.wordpress.com). The new Populele app listens to you as you play (and no--don't have one of those yet...will buy one used someday).

Someone on Facebook introduced me to the UkeMaster app, which I am looking forward to using to learn chord positions down the neck. I can manually figure them out...but I want to learn all the positions like I learned the 1st position chords.

Very cool! Thanks. UberChord looks like the one. I tried it. But, ran into a problem in that I can't play the uke loud enough for it to register properly! Too bad. I think it is a dynamite app. I wonder if they'll come out with a Ukulele version? I hope so.

Top Bottom