Ukulele Guild of Hawaii Exhibition (November 17-19) - Which UU'ers Going?

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
We're excited to be unveiling all six of the Luthiers for a Cause charity ukuleles at the UGH Exhibition this year. Event information:

https://www.ukuleleguildofhawaii.org/exhibitions/

It's a fantastic time to see a lot of top builders all in one spot.

Let's start a list of who will be there with the hope of encouraging any who might consider making the jaunt to get planning. Would be really fun to have a nice UU turn-out and a few get togethers!!

The UU'ers that I know are planning to attend include:

Our on-island friends Len Kojima, mmStan (international man of mystery), Andrew Kitakis, Shawn Yacavone.

Myself, Patchenu (Patchen Uchiyama), Mezcalero (Kevin Griffin), Saltytri (David Ingalls), Kevin Beddoe (Kinnard Ukes).

Who else?

So great you get to be there and meet each other, the luthiers, and their instruments. Unfortunately I won't make it, but I wish you all a great time. Please report here with infos and pics. You're coverage last year was the next best thing to being there myself...

As Eddie mentioned, I'm planning to be there! I really looking forward to meeting some of the folks I have befriended on this forum. I've been playing the uke for a year this week, and I can sincerely say, the UU folks have really enhanced the journey for me.

I'll be there. Planned my yearly visit to my daughter in Haleiwa specially for that week.

I went two years ago and had a lot of fun. I wish I could go this year but obligations and finances are going to prevent me from traveling then.

Okay, let's keep updating the list. Surely some other folks will attend?

So for, we have:

Len Kojima
mmStan (international man of mystery)
Andrew Kitakis
Shawn Yacavone.
Ukulele Eddie (Eddie Monnier)
Patchenu (Patchen Uchiyama)
Mezcalero (Kevin Griffin)
Saltytri (David Ingalls)
Kevin Beddoe (Kinnard Ukes)
rockyl

Hi Eddie...don't forget Greg(Geetee on UU) he is Stan's personal driver....:) good chance Corey Fujimoto will be there this year too and hopefully Zach will be there like last year....

So for, we have:

Okay, let's keep updating the list. So for, we have:

Len Kojima
mmStan (international man of mystery)
Andrew Kitakis
Shawn Yacavone
Geetee (Greg)
Ukulele Eddie (Eddie Monnier)
Patchenu (Patchen Uchiyama)
Mezcalero (Kevin Griffin)
Saltytri (David Ingalls)
Kevin Beddoe (Kinnard Ukes)
rockyl

Aloha!
I will be there, my name is Damon and I am on the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii board.

I look forward to a great turnout for both luthiers and enthusiasts.
We are planning on having some kanikapila events as well so bring your ukulele and come play music with us!

Two big changes from last year:
1. We are moving back to the Princess Kaiulani Hotel (basically across the street from last year) which will give us a more secure and continuous space for the luthiers to exhibit their ukuleles.
2. We are adding an extra day, Friday, to allow more time for everyone to participate in the activities.

See you at the Princess Kaiulani Hotel November 17-19 2017!

I would love to see some updates from this year's event. Anybody (please)?

Bill

It’s been very busy with the unveiling of the Luthiers for a Cause “Voice of the Luthier” ukes. But I will make some time today and tomorrow to get some more pics and share when I can it may be Mon). If anyone has any particular type uke they are interested in, happy to check them out. Let me know.

Very bummed I could not make it! So, looking to live it through your photos again like last year Eddie. . .

Wish list:

Luthiers For a Cause ukuleles, and any of the custom ukes on display. . .

It’s been very busy with the unveiling of the Luthiers for a Cause “Voice of the Luthier” ukes. But I will make some time today and tomorrow to get some more pics and share when I can it may be Mon). If anyone has any particular type uke they are interested in, happy to check them out. Let me know.

Nothing in particular. Like Mezcalero, I'm simply living vicariously through whatever is shared on the forum. :) Of course, if David Ingalls and Ono are displaying anything this year, I'm a fan.

Nothing in particular. Like Mezcalero, I'm simply living vicariously through whatever is shared on the forum. :) Of course, if David Ingalls and Ono are displaying anything this year, I'm a fan.

I’m a big fan of David’s work amd of him as a person. He has one of his new Wahoo edition premium (upgraded woods, slotted head stock, etc) ukes. It has a gorgeous quilted sapele body and torrefied spruce top. A stunner in looks and a gorgeous tone. It is sold already.

Pics to come!

Last edited:
Top Bottom