RISA ukuleles

nikolo727

Reaction score
RISA ukulele.

I am so in love with the look and sound of the RISA ukes.

first question:

does anyone here have a RISA ukulele?

ok more questions.

do you always have to use metal strings??

does it have to be plugged into an amp to play??

where is a good website where I can get one?

any helpers??

ok more questions.

do you always have to use metal strings??

does it have to be plugged into an amp to play??

where is a good website where I can get one?

any helpers??

To answer the very first question in the OP, No, I don't have one.

I'm assuming metal strings are necessary because of the way pick ups work. To put it in it's simplest terms, the pickup is a magnet, and has a magnetic field, and the magnetic strings disturb that field. The rate at which the string vibrates (frequency) is perceived as the pitch/note of the string.

Are you asking that if you don't plug it into an amp, the uke just won't work? Of course you can play it without an amp, but, as the name implies, without an amp it won't be amplified. Have you ever heard/played an electric guitar without it being plugged in?

As far as a good website to find them, This one might be a good place to start

For the Solids and Ellies: No, metal strings are not necessary. They work wth a passive piezo pickup.
If you don't amplify the Solids, they still have 30% of the sound of a "normal" ukulele, which is amazing as they don't really have any body. But that is still very low, as the normal ukulele isn'T the loudest instrument around ...

For the Electrics: They do have a humbucker pickup. I think for that, you need metal strings, but I'm not sure.

Oh by the way, RISA is currently working on a new Electric-Ukulele. This is a photo taken at the namm by www.tikiking.com
namm_2008_pic29.jpg

The beauty next to the Risa Acoustic Koa and the Electrics..

Yep it'll work. Just don't expect really amazing sound from it. The Danelectro Honeypots are also another option.

if i get this ukulele i need an amplifier.

preferably one that i can bring anywhere with not much baggage to carrry around.

the amplifier i previously wanted that is listed above is pretty much what i want lol.

are there any others like this that are good to use?

btw what is a Danelectro Honeypot

i even looked on google and i couldnt find it lol.

what is it?

You might want to check out the Pignose amps too.

I started a thread abouzt this.. I'm currently using the Danelectro Honeytone as a very mobile amp. However planning to buy the Roland Microcube.

By the way, the man who can give you the best advice about the risas is RIgk SAuer, the luthier of the Risas. Go to www.ukulele.de (the site is also available in english) there you can certainly find his email adress.

im lookin into the honey ones now.

thanks guys.

i have one more question though

are there any other amps that plug right into the ukulele and hang from it like the one that i put the link up too?

one of those would reallly work for me

thanks

wow every time i say one more question, another one pops into my head. lol

i saw a black risa soprano ukulele solid, but it was over in europe.

are there any risa sellers here in the us that have the black uke stick??

im lookin into the honey ones now.

thanks guys.

i have one more question though

are there any other amps that plug right into the ukulele and hang from it like the one that i put the link up too?

one of those would reallly work for me

thanks

I'm not sure about those, but there are some headphone amps that are about walkman size and hang from your belt etc. With that you get the added benefit of playing loud without disturbing those around you.

wow every time i say one more question, another one pops into my head. lol

i saw a black risa soprano ukulele solid, but it was over in europe.

are there any risa sellers here in the us that have the black uke stick??

They are a byproduct of the RISA production. If the pattern of the wood does not look perfect in its natural way, RISA uses black wood stain and sells these special black solids for less money.
Again contact Risa directly for that special model.

so i should just contact that guy you talked about?

I have a Risa Ellie electric and use a Rolland mini cube. Risa has such good electronics that it sounds good even thru a mini cube.

Top Bottom