Ukulele ChordPro decoder - beta testers needed

apepper

Reaction score
I've had a few days at home with "man-flu" and spent some of the time writing a ChordPro interpreter for ukulele players; it requires Windows 10 .

ChordPro format songs are easy to type as text files and the interpreter displays ukulele chords - rather than guitar chords that are usually shown. You can select the chords to be shown left or right-handed (I'm left-handed!), the chord shapes take into account capo positions and different uke tunings. The results can be saved as RTF or PDF.

I'm looking for beta testers - obviously to look for bugs (I typed in 360 chord shapes, so I'd be amazed if some aren't wrong!), usability, missing features. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll arrange a download.

Can you describe a bit more on how one uses it? It translates your text written compositions into uke chord charts and saved as PDF? Low g high g optional? Does it play it back with audio? I'd be happy to beta if it is suitable for me. Win10 64bit killer machine.

Hi, that's more or less what it does - there are thousands of chordpro songs out there and they're easy to type:

[D]Time goes by, as [Dmaj7]we all know, [D7]naturally.
[G]People come and [Gm]people go, [D]naturally.

The program takes songs in this format and does a "pretty" version with the chords above the text in the right position and shows the chord diagrams. As I said, it can cope with transposing or a capo and some different tunings. It doesn't do anything with high or low g tunings - it's really intended for chords rather than tab - you can embed tab within the chordpro which will be converted to a monospaced font. Doesn't "play" the song - that's not really possible; chordpro doesn't have a way of indicating how long a chord is played for. I'll pm you a link for the download (once I work out how to do that!).

Thanks - I'll take a look. I could use something like this... is there any way to add to the chord diagram database? I've tried these programs before and found they often lack some chords I use like 9ths, or some "unnamed" chords, so I give up on them. If there's a way to identify a chord by, say, typing the string/frets and a name (i.e. 2010 F) it would be awesome.

Top Bottom