Custom Squiers...

BUGOY

Reaction score
First up, a Squier Bullet Strat cost = $90 plus $6 for the black control knobs. painted the headstock, painted the pickups black and used woodgrain contact paper (sticker) on the pickguard and fret markers. was going to change the pickups but i actually really like the sound of it as is, and Yes i Do gig with this guitar. fender sticker was just for kicks.
Squier03.jpg

Next is a Squier P-Bass. this is actually a project i just did today for my friend's girlfriend. She didnt like playing it anymore for whatever reason, so he asked me to pimp it out for her b-day and hopes she'll start playing it again.. i hope shes does too! I had to remove a bunch crap that was on it and really had to clean it up.. i wish i took a b4 picture. i painted the headstock and pickguard. put new strings and fixed the action and intonation. also sanded the neck a bit.
Squier02.jpg

Great job. Loving the bullet. I have a few questions so I can do this myself:
1. Did you sand off the finish before painting the headstock?
2. What kind of paint did you use or what paint would you suggest for guitars?
3. How much did this cost you all and all?

Very nice work on the Strat. Now...I need to find some mother of pearl looking contact paper so I can rock fake block inlays on my Fluke...or on my bass guitar...man the possibilities are endless! Block inlays FTW.

Very Nice!

Top Bottom