UAS strikes again!

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just bought my second uke! It's a custom, handbuilt soprano, made of solid Sapele mahogany....no laminates. It has an ebony fretboard and bridge, and an ebony head plate and heel cap on the neck.

I've made a public album in the User Control Panel of 6 photos to share, but I don't know how to make the pictures show up here, or how to make a link to the album.

Give it a look, and tell me what you think....

Now to figure out what to tell the household CFO.... :D

It should get shipped tomorrow! WOO-HOO!!

picture.php

picture.php

Can you post bigger pics?

Sorry, Alan....these are the only pix I have at the moment. I saved them off of eBay....

When I receive the uke I can take some new ones, if these can't be made larger.

Ah cool, I've been wondering about that guy's ukes (recognize the photos from ebay) -- do give us a review when ya get it! :D

Ah cool, I've been wondering about that guy's ukes (recognize the photos from ebay) -- do give us a review when ya get it! :D

I'll be sure to post my impressions as soon as it arrives. Sorry I can't do video, as I have no equipment. But I'll try to take some photos and give some insight as to how it sounds.

If you were watching this item on eBay, you'll know that the auction ended without a sale....no bids. I contacted the seller and made him an offer, which he accepted.

I can't stand it....waiting for a new uke is like waiting for Christmas when you were six! :D

hahahahaha if i were you i'd fear the CFO! they don't like "unnecessary"
spending. :p
maybe if you got her to play the uke she'd be very very very supportive!

I do fear the CFO!! But not enough to keep me from buying this uke....

No chance of getting her to play....she's almost completely non-musical. :(

Still anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new soprano....

Meanwhile, I found a website for the builder.

www.mattiesguitars.com

Check out the ukes he's building! He tells me he has built a dozen so far, and sold nine of them. I believe ukes are the latest addition to his line-up.

The one I bought differs from the ones on the website in that mine has no binding or rosette.

Top Bottom