Kaytro ukuleles

Ukulelerick9255

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this brand? They have some nice looking Ukes on Amazon and EBay for around $500 but I can't find a review anywhere about how they sound.

They look like Taisamlu ukuleles to my eye. Made in Vietnam. Sold from Taiwan.

Check out Taisamlu's instruments on eBay. Tasamlu's quality is good.

Romero has his lower line made in Vietnam. I'm very happy with all my Bruce Wei Arts ukes and bass uke.

Romero has his lower line made in Vietnam. I'm very happy with all my Bruce Wei Arts ukes and bass uke.

Mike, Romero's "upline" are made their too. The quality in ours is pristine. Never seen a more well made uke, especially for the money. Moku ukes are made there too, and the quality is very good. Better than Chinese IMO.

They have some interesting inlays. That's an interesting way to put an armrest on, wonder why they don't just build a bevel? I had one made for my sharp edged Kala, but for a heck of a lot less than $69. I think it cost me $10 out of some pretty hardwood. It works too.

I just got a tenor uke that was listed at $500 on Amazon but $180 (plus $100 shipping) directly from the shop on eBay. It came well packaged (in a small wooden crate) and super fast (from Vietnam to Spokane, WA in four days).

I've only had it a short time so I can't address past concerns that have been expressed in regards to sturdiness but I can say that it's a gorgeous instrument (the pictures don't do it justice), it feels amazing in hand, and the sound is warm and satisfying. The materials and craftsmanship appear really top notch to my novice eyes and I've no regrets so far.

New Uke.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom