PDA

View Full Version : hard shell case for Blueridge tenor?

ripock
08-22-2017, 09:21 AM
hi,

I just bought my first steel-stringed instrument. I imagine my fingers are in for a world of hurt. Anyway, I got a Blueridge br-40 because its fret markers were on the correct (for a ukulele player) frets. I will obviously need to get a hard shell case and another oasis humidifier.

Does anyone have any recommendations on such as case (under $150)?

DownUpDave
08-22-2017, 09:37 AM
Congragulations on a fine instrument. I am assuming it is the four string Blue Ridge BR40T tenor guitar??? I have one and love it. I have a giig bag for mine but I know there is a hardcase made specifically for the instrument, it shares the body size and shape of a Taylor GS mini guitar.

ripock
08-22-2017, 01:40 PM
yeah, although I had previously found the tenor guitar too be a bit shrill to my ukulele-trained ear, I thought I needed to make a jump and complete my arsenal of four-stringed instrument. To be honest I wanted something with a little more mojo, like a 50's Harmony or something, and something that wasn't spruce...but this one popped into my life at a price I couldn't refuse. Even my wife seemed relieved when I broke the news to her; she was probably anticipating a $3200 Koolau redwood tenor--so for her, this is a deal!

DownUpDave
08-23-2017, 04:51 AM
yeah, although I had previously found the tenor guitar too be a bit shrill to my ukulele-trained ear, I thought I needed to make a jump and complete my arsenal of four-stringed instrument. To be honest I wanted something with a little more mojo, like a 50's Harmony or something, and something that wasn't spruce...but this one popped into my life at a price I couldn't refuse. Even my wife seemed relieved when I broke the news to her; she was probably anticipating a $3200 Koolau redwood tenor--so for her, this is a deal!

I have three tenor guitar a keep all of them tuned DGBE. I have found medium gauge strings, especially larger diameter trebles takes the shrill sound out of this instrument. Diameters I like following DGBE .035", .025", .016", .013" or .012". I buy single strings from String by Mail, it's cheaper and easier to experiment this way.

ripock
08-23-2017, 08:28 AM
the guitar arrived today and it is pretty awesome. I'm having some issues with how to hold it. The upper bout seems to be in my way. Once I put some strap buttons on, that will take care of that. The dynamics are something novel. I can be gentle or strum vigorously and get a lot of sound. However the skin above my cuticle is a little sensitive. I need to beware of those metal strings. It came with a pickup. I threw on some gain and overdrive and messed around a bit.

mds725
08-23-2017, 08:36 AM
I have a Blueridge tenor guitar. (It was the first of four that I now own.) It came with a hard case, and when I get home I can check to see if the hard case has a manufacturer name and model number on it. If it does, I'll post them for you.

My tenor guitars all have strap buttons, and using a strap makes them a lot easier to hold. The size of a Blueridge tenor guitar takes a little getting used to, but I can hold and play my tenor guitars comfortably now. For what it's worth, they're all tuned DGBE, so that I wouldn't have to learn new chord shapes.

kvehe
09-24-2017, 10:37 AM
I have the same model. The case, which is a perfect fit, is a Golden Gate C-1511. It's $109.95 from Amazon.