Ukulele Cases

Creakhead

Reaction score
Hey,

I recently got my first ukulele a LU-21T Lanikai Tenor :music:. I am having a great time with it. But I am starting to think it would be a good idea to get a case for it. Online I have really only found one case Lanikai Tenor Ukulele Hardshell Case . I am not sure I like the look of the case. But I haven't come across any that seem like the will fit this tenor.

Does anyone have this case and like it? Or know of other cool cases that will fit this uke? I do think i want a hard shell type case, but I could be convinced otherwise. Let me know what you guys suggest.

Thanks

Maybe you could describe what you might need a case for more specifically (like traveling etc) for a better recommendation?

My ukes mostly sit around at home, so I just have simple gig bags to keep the dust off them and I'm happy with that.

Welcome to UU, btw :)

The case would just be for basic protection like knocking it over, tossing it in the back of the car. I just assumed the hard case for dropping it and sliding around in the car. I guess I dont want to go crazy expensive as then the case will be worth more then the uke :D

Its a HUGE case. Honestly, just get a cheapo travel ukulele soft case. If you really want to save some mula, you can get a laundry bag and use that as a carying bag. lil modification here and there and it will be the perfect size.

Get one with big pockets - those padded foam cases are great because you can carry music books, tuners, chord sheets and so on. Most hardshell cases are too small for accessories and books.

Those Lanikai foam cases are great for the price. If you want a hard case for a relatively inexpensive uke (or even really fancy ones...) this is a great choice.

i have that case and it's great!
plus i have a coupon for you for music123!
ANYONE CAN USE IT!

in the promo code type in: 15off4u

that's 15% off your purchase! 15% goes a long wayyyyyy!
i hope you enjoy!

wow Thanks Choboy that will come in handy. I guess I should take a look at a few gig bags before I go for the Lanikai one.

Does anyone have a link to a case with buckles that will fit the lanikai tenor?

Any tenor case will fit your tenor. I have one of those cases you linked, and I like it too. Like others have said, it's a great case for the money, plus it does have that sweet pocket for music books and what not. The only thing I don't like about it is the canvas exterior.

Slightly off topic

Not entirely about tenor ukes (sorry) but I just wanted to say that maybe you can adapt something else?

I carry my soprano ukes in a hard shell violin case that I got in a charity shop for £5. Of course it's not a perfect snug fit, but it's fine for what I need.

I hope you manage to find something you like :)
Best wishes
Anna

Top Bottom