Driving your Guitar like Uke (do you do this?)

kissing

Reaction score
Hehe, I just learnt that if you ignore the two fattest strings on the guitar, Uke chords work (and put a capo on the 5th fret to be in key)

Does anyone play the guitar specifically like this for any purpose? :anyone:
It gives a different sound from a Uke, since it has a huge body and steel strings, but the notes are still Uke notes (sort of)

I never learned guitar, but having the ability to play it because of Uke is such an unfair bonus for us!. I swear we Uke players have it so awesome. While we're improving ourselves on uke, at the same time we're becoming better potential guitar players without even trying LOL

It's an interesting way to jam I think :cool:

Last edited:
It's better the other way round. Guitar players can pretty much play uke instantly. To be honest, once you've learned one, all fretted instruments are fairly easy, even if they have different tunings .

Last edited:
A fat overweight copy of a 'ukulele.

Or a terrifying cross between a super-baritone and a bass. ;)

I've been playing guitar for ten years, and stopped improving about six years ago. Then I learned some neat uke techniques, like the five-finger roll, pinky muting, and a little bit of Aldrine's crazy tremolo. All of a sudden I'm a better guitar player!

Playing uke songs on a nylon-string guitar feels so natural to me now. "Bandito Tyler" actually sounds pretty neat in D minor. And it makes people think I've played some classical before. ;)

Hehe, I just learnt that if you ignore the two fattest strings on the guitar, Uke chords work (and put a capo on the 5th fret to be in key)

Does anyone play the guitar specifically like this for any purpose? :anyone:
It gives a different sound from a Uke, since it has a huge body and steel strings, but the notes are still Uke notes (sort of)

I never learned guitar, but having the ability to play it because of Uke is such an unfair bonus for us!. I swear we Uke players have it so awesome. While we're improving ourselves on uke, at the same time we're becoming better potential guitar players without even trying LOL

It's an interesting way to jam I think :cool:

oh yeah.. i am sooo guilty of this.. but i will see your post.. and post this video which is based all on this !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTWCSKADAOI&feature=channel_page

he he

Yup, that's usually how I play my guitars, since I don't know very much guitar at all. Quite a shame, I need to start learning songs other than Howie Day's Collide. Haha.

Good thing I have a guitarlele now, so that makes it much easier to transition from the small uke to the gigantic guitar. Much easier to memorize scales when it's on a scale length I'm more used to.

It's better the other way round. Guitar players can pretty much play uke instantly. To be honest, once you've learned one, all fretted instruments are fairly easy, even if they have different tunings .

Yup.

But it's hard to go back to guitar after a couple of years of mandolins, fiddles and ukes. Damned gitboxes are just so big and clunky! :p

Feels like trying to strum a song with an aircraft carrier...

Top Bottom