Question for Those Active in Uke Clubs

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
As those of you who have followed the Luthiers for a Cause project developments know (see link in footer), we were hoping to be able to raffle one of the ukes and sell the rest via auction. However, as we researched selling raffle tickets online, we ran into complicated laws with many states prohibiting online raffle ticket sales altogether.

We were giving up on having a raffle. Then, I thought to my self, "Self, maybe we could appeal to our friends in ukulele clubs to sell raffle tickets in person at one of their events."

We figure if we can sell at least 200 ticket at $50/ticket, that's $10K+. As another scenario, we thought about selling a maximum of 200 tickets at $100/each.

So, I'm curious if those of you could check with your uke club, find out if they'd be willing to sell tix to members, and how many tickets you think your club would sell in either scenario.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Eddie, I sent you a PM.

Any other members in uke clubs interested in selling raffle tickets at a club event for one of the collectible Luthier's for a Cause ukes?

So out of all the UU members in uke clubs, there has been only ONE response. I'm sooooooo hurt! ;-)

Seriously, anyone else think their uke club would be interested in selling raffle tickets to raise money for The Ukulele Kids Club and have a chance to win one of the Luthiers for a Cause custom tenors?

Eddie, I sent the flier to my fellow board members. We're steeped in buzzing about TBUG right now, but our Prez says we can touch on it.
I hope some more UUers in clubs will respond. This is a great opportunity to help out the UKC.
Folks, we all know that UKC gives ukes to sick kids, right?

Top Bottom