Gidday from Downunder

Boots_Uke

Reaction score
Hi,

Just joined the forum.
Looks great. Hope to contribute and get a lot out of it myself.

I am a guitar player (don't hold that against me) for many years with influences such as CCR, Southern Rock, British Blues and anything that sounds good. till jam with friends.

Started playing Uke some 6 months ago. I have an Applause Soprano and am deciding whether to include a Baritone or Tenor to compensate for my for my "tree stump fingers".

Look forward to getting into things.

cheers from DownUnder

Boots_Uke

G'day.....
.... upgrade to a tenor, its great... where abouts you from?? within Aust.

Oooohhh! I get to be first to say it!

Going to a tenor isn't an upgrade, it's an upsize. Tenors are no better or worse than any other size, just different. To say "upgrade" implies they're better. Personally, I downsized from a tenor to a concert - and upsized from a sopranino to a soprano for my two ukes...

Put a shirmp on the "barbie" for us..........Howie

Welcome! I'm also a noob here. You'll find a lot of useful info and advice at UU. I have a soprano and recently purchased two tenors (I know, still asking why two). My excuse was my stubby fingers. For me they are a more comfortable fit. I had the privilege of visiting your beautiful country a number of years ago (Sydney, Cains, and Melbourne) and will definitely be going back someday! Keep strumming. Aloha :music:

Hi Boots! I'm new too, but the guys and girls here are the friendliest I've come across anywhere, so you're in the right place.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm on the sunny West coast of DownUnder.

Look forward to getting the banter.

Boots_Uke

Welcome Boots! I can finally verify the southern hemisphere toilet flushing phenomena. If I understand the Simpsons correctly, your toilets swirl the opposite way down there, no?

Welcome Boots! I can finally verify the southern hemisphere toilet flushing phenomena. If I understand the Simpsons correctly, your toilets swirl the opposite way down there, no?

In theory this is true but in practice it is not: Wiki

Killjoy

Top Bottom