Bushman anyone?

This is a blast from the past. I'd forgotten all about them. I remember when they were all the rage...I never owned or played one though. Back then there were very few choices compared to what we have now.

When I first joined UU back in 2013, there was still some buzz about them, and it seemed that there was a forum for Bushman as well, but when I went looking the forum had little or no activity for some time, and there was no 'buy' button on the Bushman web site, nor any vendors or distributors listed, so I figured either they closed up shop or halted production for some reason...

It also seemed to me like Mainland Ukuleles had sort of taken over the void left by Bushman, but I have no facts to back that up...just a casual observation...

The Jenny in my hands was my "let's look good" ukulele. don't play it much anymore even though it almost sounds as good as a Martin.

Their website looks active...
In checking it out I came across the Bushman Rockabilly uke - Wow! Looks great!..... but surprisingly similar to the Silverleaf Jukeuke, especially the headstock. Both beautiful ukes.
Would love to get my hands on either one. Anyone got one out there?

Bushman 2.jpgSilverleaf Jukeuke.jpg

Last edited:
Their website looks active...
In checking it out I came across the Bushman Rockabilly uke - Wow! Looks great!..... but surprisingly similar to the Silverleaf Jukeuke, especially the headstock. Both beautiful ukes.
Would love to get my hands on either one. Anyone got one out there?

View attachment 102752View attachment 102753
Those are both good looking ukuleles. I hope they sound as good as they look.

I checked out Bushman in a bookstore one time, they seemed overbuilt and heavy with a thick finish. I think there are better options from Kala or Ohana...

When I first got into ukulele in 2005, Bushman was the nicest one in store. So many better options today, thanks to online stores like HMS.

they manage aquila strings made for them? Hops, it is almost 8 years that we stopped any relationship with Bushman.
So what are these... Supernylgut??
Tnaks for the segnalation
Mimmo Aquilastrimngs owner & founder.

Top Bottom