FS Pono Baritone EBSH(S)-PC Ebony/spruce slotted headstock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
This exquisite Pro Classic Macassar ebony and spruce baritone is in excellent condition acoustically and structurally. This Uke is one of the most recent Pono productions and has been gently played. There no dings or dents. There two small finish imperfection, a finish scrape on the top edge of the headstock and tiny finish bubble on the back edge of the upper bout. This baritone is so beautiful, the spruce is almost crystal white which looks elegant alongside dark and swirly ebony. The voicing of this dramatic tonewood combination is well balanced with depth and sustain. The slotted headstock adds sophistication to a reasonably priced ukulele!

This Ukulele features...
  • All solid premium Macassar ebony back, and sides.
  • Premium solid Engelmann spruce top.
  • Quartersawn Honduran Mahogany neck...all with a deluxe gloss finish!
  • Slotted headstock and refined bracing.
  • Radius Fingerboard and dual-action adjustable truss rod.
  • Abalone rosette, and curly maple binding as well as a real bone nut and saddle.
  • Ebony headstock overlay, fingerboard, and bridge.
  • Distinguished Mother of Pearl fret markers, quality guitar style tuners, and Ko'olau strings.
  • It was professionally setup by Kilin Reece!
  • Comes with an older but very rugged hardshell case. The latches show a bit of wear/tarnish/oxidation but are structurally sound and function perfect.

Original retail Price for this Ukulele was $1,489 currently asking $650 +shipping

Sound sample: https://app.box.com/s/65r98dgz1hwcvic0kzcsyer5fb3ktyeq

Many photos can be found here.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2n38ow

2017-09-04 22.27.16 , on Flickr

2017-09-04 22.30.48 , on Flickr
2017-09-04 22.27.38 , on Flickr
2017-09-04 22.29.47 , on Flickr

Last edited:
Such a great instrument, for a great price. Amazing looking Spruce and Ebony. I have the same model with a Rosewood body and I love it. Good luck with the sale, Hodge!

Every time I play this baritone, I think this should really stay put.
But, I'll give this one more bump in an effort to reduce my collection.

Still available.

Every time I play this baritone, I think this should really stay put.
But, I'll give this one more bump in an effort to reduce my collection.

Still available.

Hodge, for the money this Uke is fabulous and can't be out done ... I have one with Rosewood and every time I play it, I feel greatly satisfied and have no desire for another Baritone.

Hodge, for the money this Uke is fabulous and can't be out done ... I have one with Rosewood and every time I play it, I feel greatly satisfied and have no desire for another Baritone.

Thanks Simon. I agree, there is no better baritone at this price range.

Sold

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom