NUD Caramel CP-100 Sopranino/Pocket

JackLuis

Reaction score
I got my new Caramel Sopranino/Pocket Uke today. This completes my collection of Caramel CX-100s Now I have all four Tenor, Concert Soprano and Pocket Zebra wood Ukes. The picture shows it next to my CS-100 soprano.

CP-11 cropped.jpg

When It came I couldn't tune it like gCEA so I tried ADF#B and it worked. I took it up to mylocal Uke shop to have it adjusted and had them put some Fremont Black line Hards on it as they worked very well on my other RP-100 pocket uke and sound really nice.

I bought this for teaching young kids the joy of Ukulele It is small enough for four year olds but is also nice to carry around and not annoy people when you play.

When I took my new Uke up to have it adjusted, I saw that the Strum Shop had a Nunes (?) soprano for sale. It looked pretty good for what was maybe a 100 year old uke. It was very light and responsive but had a lot of use marks and probably had been refinished. For $400 I thought a collector might get excited over it. I may take my camera up tomorrow to get a picture of it when I pick up my uke.

the new caramel looks fab! can't wait to see and hear it in action! would love to see pics of the nunes too!

Randy the tech at the Strum Shop said he'd have my uke ready yesterday PM. Rather that drive in PM traffic I went up this morning early~ 9AM. I took my other sopranino up to get a button on it as well but, Randy wasn't in and he hadn't done the work on the new one!

Oh well.:-(

Anyway I took some pix of the Nunes and here it is. If I can get photobucket to work.

Nunes Lable.JPGNunes face.JPGNunes Back.jpgNunes Hadstock.JPG

They wanted $400 for it and I played it and it sounded pretty good. It is very light and responsive but beat up and dirty. :-0 But if I was `100 years old I'd be dirty too.

If anyone is interested in it PM me and I'll give you their Phone #.

Last edited:
I dont think that'll last long, at that price.

Do you think they switched to a walnut fretboard and bridge?

On the Caramel? No it looks like low priced rosewood but maybe walnut? It needs oil but I wanted to play it so will oil at the next string change. I blue sparkle painted the rosette and Head stock logo, I was happy that it was carved and not that gold sticker thing. I had to use my tiniest brush, and man was it tough to paint in those little leaf and vines. Surprisingly the fret ends were well dressed no sharp ends at all. The nut and bridge were well adjusted and it sounds real nice using a pick, it's very quiet with a finger. It has surprising sustain for such a little body.

Here is a song I did for SOTU #290 with the CP-100. Pretty poor playing but the CP-100 sounded good. I played it with a pick to make it ring out. For $29 it was a steal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom