Please Pray that Irma Doesn't Steal my Ukes

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have to evacuate tomorrow cause Irma is on the way. I live on a barrier Island just East of Orlando. Heading over to my Son's house. Keep good thoughts my ukes are all ok when I get back home.

Phil,
Been thinking of everyone on the Florida peninsula. Best of luck from the panhandle. We are all we sensitive to each storm and it's path. Hope you come through unharmed as well as your Ukes

Cliff

I think there are more pressing 'items' to concern for during a potentially life-taking storm. Hope everyone there will be safe.

I sincerely hope that you and your family will be safe and your instruments are able to avoid damage. Did you take a favorite with you? Does insurance ever cover this kind of disaster?

I don't think I could leave all my ukes behind, I only play three, so I think I could find room...
Best Wishes you guys.
We're staying here, we can't move 8 pets. Can't haul plywood for the windows, the SUV is in the shop with a ruined transmission.
Practice sessions and jam session are cancelled.
Sand bags are ready, taping the windows, moving everything off the patio, and filling the bathtubs this weekend.
We'll find out if our homeowner's insurance works, we don't have flood insurance though.
Thank the gods the roofer came yesterday and fixed our leak. It will be tested soon enough!

I have friends in Miami and on both the East and Western coasts of Florida. I sincerely hope Irma weakens as she makes landfall. Please protect yourselves as best you can if you were not able to evacuate!

If Irma hits Florida dead on, and its eye is over land, it will weaken. Still bad news for South Florida, but the rest may be spared serious damage....

I sincerely hope all the florida peeps stay safe and don't have too much clean up!

I have to evacuate tomorrow cause Irma is on the way. I live on a barrier Island just East of Orlando. Heading over to my Son's house. Keep good thoughts my ukes are all ok when I get back home.

Phil, holding best wishes for you and the other Florida UU members during this scary time.

If Irma hits Florida dead on, and its eye is over land, it will weaken. Still bad news for South Florida, but the rest may be spared serious damage....
My sister lives in Palm Harbor. They have food, water, emergency supplies, and the cars are gassed up. She said the gas stations, Home Depot, and grocery stores are "crazy town" as people stock up on supplies. Praying that it goes inland and weakens. I've got family on the west coast & friends on the east coast. One friend owns a bar on Cocoa Beach. If I was there, I'd pack up my dog and one uke to take with me to keep me sane.

I'll be thinking of you and, and all affected by this storm, and by the last one. Whatever happens, Phil, it's good that you have shelter in a safe place.

Phil; geez! that doesn't sound good. Then again these things veer and swerve, often at the last minute. Hope it veers and swerves around you. I'm guessing you may already be on the road, but when we headed out before Katrina, I actually looked at what I had, decided on the essentials, and jammed two Ukuleles into one of the two cars my wife (and dog) and I drove out.

I thought (rightly) that having something along to play and sing with would ease the stress a bit.

Last edited:
Prayers for you, Phil, and all others in the path of this ominous storm.

prayers that you all stay safe!

I have family in Miami and in Boynton Beach, so I'm anxiously watching Irma's progress as well. Recent predictions have Irma making landfall on the west side of the tip of the Florida peninsula and moving north near the gulf coast, but of course anything can happen. I hope everyone gets out of this safely.

Hoping the best for you man.

We got hit here in Puerto Rico on Wednesday and have been without power and water since then. This is the first chance I've had to check email and such. Starbucks was the first place to open.Take care.

We got hit here in Puerto Rico on Wednesday and have been without power and water since then. This is the first chance I've had to check email and such. Starbucks was the first place to open.Take care.

Glad you made it through OK. This has been and is a hell of a storm. Still watching it with anxiety. Each time it inches west it gets closer to us.

My daughter is in palm harbor. At the moment the track is predicted to go right through tampa after landfall somwhere around sarasota. Hope the track keeps on shifting westward (sorry for those in the way now)... her grandparents who live next to st pete airport were asked to leave yesterday as they live at about 5-6ft above sea level. I gave her my main player lanikai lu21p last time she visited, she has that packed up to go with her to the shelter.

Top Bottom