Survivor Girl Ukulele Band - Album Kickstarter!

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Minnesota's own!! I recently met Laurie Kallevig for the first time up north at the Silver Creek Ukulele fest. Laurie's life work is teaching girls in Calcutta who have escaped sex trafficking how to play the ukulele - and with that, she changes lives. Laurie is doing a Kickstarter to support their album project.
DO NOT MISS the just added 'taster track' of "Twinkle, twinkle" (in the text). It takes my breath away...

Please share with your uke club and consider supporting this amazing project. You can pre-order the digital download for just $10.
My personal preference is the $60 level which gets you two signed CDs, two uke bracelets, and a lot of love and gratitude...

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-girl-ukulele-band-project-the-cd/description

Just signed up for the $60 option, and I'll take this to our uke club this Sunday! What a wonderful project -- and a chance to touch the lives of others in a potentially life-changing way. Let's make this happen, UU!

I also read the article and signed up for the early bird special.

I just decided what I'll be including in some holiday gifts. This will be a great addition to give to some people, (and a copy for myself, LOL.)

Thanks for spreading awareness for this project. I pledged when the Kickstarter page first went live. Survivor Girl Ukulele Band does important work.

Thanks for sharing ukeinfused!

This is just amazing, not just for the Uke aspect, but the heart and courage of this woman. :)

WOW!

You all are the best!
Thank you for your generosity.
Laurie is indeed an astonishing, gutsy woman.
She and these girls deserve our support.
Halfway there! (It's all or nothing with a Kickstarter!)

hello wonderful ukulele people on ukulele underground!
and thank you for your kind words here and your generous pledges of support of our kickstarter!!
i'm really humbled and grateful for the support of the ukulele community. and the girls are thrilled that their music will be heard around the globe.
thank you thank you thank you for joining the baaaand!!
with a thankful heart,
laurie

Hey, uke people!
The album looks to be about 70% funded, with 9 days left to go. A Kickstarter is "all or nothing".
Become part of the group that makes it happen for these girls and this amazing project!

Just pledged to a great cause! Let's make this happen!

As told by Laurie, the SGUB founder and teacher:
She says that one of the girls said to her: "Before you nothing good ever happened in my life."
Imagine the power of one uke and the kindness of strangers...

Bump. Check this out if you haven't already and be sure to listen to the sample cut. Great project and nearly there with its funding.

Last edited:
Yahoo!
Just thrilled, thanks to any and all who contributed here!
(Not my project, but my post and one of my new pet causes.)
Hopefully the album will help Laurie build a fan base that will support all her efforts with Survivor Girls in coming years. She basically has to raise her own expenses each year, so a community of support is so important...

Here is a terrific little blog/article on Ukulele Hunt that tells more about Survivor Girls:

http://ukulelehunt.com/2017/09/27/survivor-girl-ukulele-band/

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Tracie, what an amazing project!

Top Bottom