6 string Kala Ukulele

Tatcho

Reaction score
I purchased a 6 string Kala a few months ago and I find that the strings are destroying my index finger nail when I play for an extended time. Would it be of help if I changed the strings. If so to which ones. I have only been playing for 18 months or so and have no ideas in any remedy.
Thanks for your advice.

If it came with nylon type strings, you might like to try fluorocarbons, (Living Water are a good brand).

Other people are thinking of &/or using stick on nails, there's a thread on here recently about it.

If it came with nylon type strings, you might like to try fluorocarbons, (Living Water are a good brand).

Other people are thinking of &/or using stick on nails, there's a thread on here recently about it.

Thanks for your input 'uke1950' I'm going to take it back to the shop where I bought it on Friday to ask if they can help. Maybe they will put other strings on for me.

Thanks for your input 'uke1950' I'm going to take it back to the shop where I bought it on Friday to ask if they can help. Maybe they will put other strings on for me.

They probably will, but won't have Living Water...I too, would recommend Living Water strings for a softer feel. Maybe you're pressing too hard, a good setup would maybe make it easier to play.

Top Bottom