The Ukulele Teacher and his Ukulele App

DaisyUke

Reaction score
I downloaded the Ukulele App on my iPhone. I really like the selection of songs and the tutorials. My problem is that I can't find his song sheet to go along with the tutorial. It's a lot to try to write down. Anybody out there using this app?

The song sheets are free on Facebook, or you can join his Patreon for $10 a month and he sends you the complete songbook he has created. The app simply links to his YouTube videos (searchable on YouTube) and he lists the Facebook link on the comments for each song. I think he is tremendous--a lot of my students turn to him to learn the songs they love. Sadly, most of those songs are not going to make it to local Yellow Book jam sessions for a long time. In general, the UU forum crowd isn't his intended audience.

I will be seeing him in person at the LA Ukulele Festival in two weeks. I guess I don't think of any ukulele player as a rock star (and I have seen Jake in person)--just as normal people that play an instrument incredibly well, but it is nice to say hello, although I think there is a 0% anyone remembers you in the flood of humanity that approaches after a performance or session...

His app developer was here on UU for a while, too...not sure how often he checks in.

Top Bottom