PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Pickup Recommendation for a Banjo-Uke

FiL
09-18-2017, 05:29 AM
Anyone have a pickup they recommend for a banjo-uke? I have a Gold Tone tenor banjo-uke. My current pickup (a JJB EXT-100 passive piezo stick-on mounted on the underside of the head) has died.

- FiL

hollisdwyer
09-19-2017, 03:00 PM
Mya-Moe uses the K&K twinspot on their Beansprouts banjo Ukes. I've used K&K's on guitars and have been very happy with them. Note they are a passive pickup.

ksiegel
09-20-2017, 02:07 AM
I'm with Hollis. I have a K&K twinspot on my Donaldson, and love it. They do make different models, but the quality/price ratio on all of them are very high. If I wantd to put a pickup on one of my banjo ukes, I would definitely go for a K&K.

-Kurt

FiL
09-20-2017, 07:36 AM
Thanks, folks. The K&K is on my radar, as is the Myers Grip, which is actually a small mic.

And as I posted in another thread, I'm also wondering if instead of spending all kinds of money electrifying multiple instruments, maybe I should just learn to use an instrument mic.

- FiL

Tootler
09-21-2017, 06:05 AM
I've used microvox pickups which like the Myers is a small mic. You only need one of these miniature mics as you can transfer them from instrument to instrument, though having more than one might make changing instruments quicker.