FS: Kanile'a K-1P 8-String Tenor

ookitarepanda

Reaction score
I was telling my dad about these forums because he's much more of a uke player than I - he'll be going to the Uke Jam in November in the Twin Cities - and he thought this place might be a better avenue than ebay to offload his 8-string. He bought it a while ago because it sounds gorgeous, but he says he just doesn't have the fingers for it. It's just not as enjoyable for him as he originally thought. He e-mailed me his description:

Beautiful 8 string Tenor made in the uniquely Kanile’a way. Unique internal bracing, coupled with an arched back using only the finest natural Koa wood native to Hawaii and finished with a brilliant Ultraviolet Polyester finish, gives this instrument a crisp, clear sound that includes greater amplitude, sweeter tonality, greater sustained resonance. Beautiful to the eye and ear, the instrument is much lighter than you would expect but with a fuller, crisper sound.

I bought this at the Hawaii Music Supply in Haleiwa on the North shore of Oahu for $1,685 in 2014. I found the concert size so much easier to play, that this instrument rarely is used and is therefore in perfect condition with no dents or scratches and comes with an unused spare set of strings.

Features:
· Kanilea K-1P 8 string Tenor (serial 0114-10982)
· Solid premium Koa wood body (back, sides and face)
· Kanilea’s unique arched back
· Rosewood fret board and pin bridge
· South American Mahogany Neck
· NuBone nut and saddle
· Paua Abalone Position Dots on Front and Side of Fret Board
· Custom chrome Grover open geared tuning keys
· UV-Cured high gloss finish
· Aquila Corde Strings (including a spare set)
· Black bridge pins
· Herco HE-360 humidifier
· Premium Oahu brand hardshell plush lined case

I figured I'd check with you guys since someone here might really enjoy playing it. $1600 shipped (insured) within the continental US OBO, Paypal "Family/Friends." I'll take care of the shipping and stuff for him (uke's at my house at the moment). I know it's 3 years old, but it's really rarely been used, and these are still hard to get a hold of. Let me know if it's way off base.

Album: https://imgur.com/a/0eRYA

Top Bottom