It's on! New auction for a Moore Bettah....for a wonderful cause

It should be pointed out and emphasized that all proceeds go to the Polynesian Voyaging Society.

Hokule'a sailed around the world using traditional Polynesian wayfaring techniques only (wind, waves, stars, etc...). No GPS, no compass, no backup engine. The ocean gets to be a pretty big place when you can't see land. I don't think most of us can even comprehend how huge an achievement this voyage is for humanity. Especially after almost losing the entire art of traditional navigation. It was an incredibly powerful and moving day when she returned home - without even being there. To know that any people could do such a thing, let alone people from your own place, was profound.

Chuck gives some more background and personal insight on the project here: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...pecial-Moore-Bettah-Uke&p=1997306#post1997306.

Last edited:
Hippie Guy, that said, I do hope it doesn't just wind up in some wealthy collector's cabinet, never getting played. MB ukes sound great.

That is such a beautiful ukulele. I also sounds awesome. Good for CHUCK for doing this. Great Cause. I wish I had the coin as this is so special. I love the wood combination and also the inlays. thanks to Andrew and HMS for helping make this happen. What a great Ukulele.

Definitely a great cause and will be exciting to watch the auction! Good luck to all bidders!!

Chuck puts a lot of effort in every single one of his instruments, but he went even further for this cause. Big thumb up to the builder, and profound respect for the man!

After watching the video, I was wondering what they did to get Led to give the uke back. He looks like he does not want to let it go.

I know, right? :drool:

Top Bottom