KALA Solid Cedar Top strings?

prairieschooner

Reaction score
Just received my new KALA Solid Cedar Top with the Aquila Strings. Thinking of changing strings......
What String are most of you guys using with these?

I am really liking the Worth browns (low G) on m Kala cedar top travel uke; a huge improvement over the Aquilas that came with it.

I like the Martins a lot on my cedar Kala--full, round tone with great sustain.

I have 2 kala cedar tops. One strung with Freemont Blacklines and one strung with Oasis brights. I really love Freemont Blacklines. Both feel great but I feel that the blacklines are a little more fuller in sound.

Thanks guys, I have a set of Worth Brown High G and Martin strings. Didn't like the low G on my Martin but may have to try them on this Kala. Action is a bit high so will most likely shave the saddle when changing strings.

I have 2 kala cedar tops. One strung with Freemont Blacklines and one strung with Oasis brights. I really love Freemont Blacklines. Both feel great but I feel that the blacklines are a little more fuller in sound.

I would agree with this. I tried a bunch of stuff, and was on oasis/TI wound G, but recently moved to fremont black lines at the suggestion of Stu Fuchs, and they seem better/fuller. The fc low g was too rubber bandy for me though, so i went back to the TI wound for the low G.

The cedar tops seem to sound better with a warmer string to my ears,

I have a Kala cedar top tenor and now use SouthCoast Ukes flurocarbon strings with a low g. I love the sound and feel.

Top Bottom