For there has never been a story of more woe...

JKoval

Reaction score
...than el jefe y su baritone.

This isn't really "sad" or anything it's just kinda funny and mildly unfortunate.

I bought a cheap Baritone and it sounded fine, really, it was pretty fun. But I play guitar too and I thought it was almost redundant to have the same baritone tuning, so I decided I was to find uke-strings so I could tune to GCEA. (As a side note, I know the strings can mostly handle the tuning from the baritone strings but it was highly unenjoyable because of how very tight they were.)

So I ordered a pair of concert strings because I wanted to support UU. (What a dumb idea of me though, concert strings? Really?) So now I have a frankenstein of ukueleles with one original baritone string and three concert strings, two of which will not tune to the ukulele's larger size. Don't get me wrong, they're GREAT strings... for what they were made for, a concert size, not a baritone that I stupidly tried to use them on. :D

I don't even know what to do - and I don't want to order more strings because I'm saving for a good camera and every bit helps.

I guess this is just a warning to potential baritoners. :p

unlucky. i've got an old mahalo knocking around somewhere with three aquilas and a factory stock A-string

Yeah, that's what the main problem is. It just starts sliding once I try to tune the A past like... D. And then it's way too slack to go down. I'll figure something out. I wonder if there's such things as good baritone strings, I'm sure there is. :p

El jefe, the boss, lol nice

Haha, yeah, my name's Jeff and at one point I made up this story about my good friend named Joe Povio and I just called him Juan Povio and he was a legendary figure so he figured I needed a name. Now half the school calls me Jefe. :p

hehehehe ^^ DeG with the tough news.

Top Bottom