Locks on Uke Cases

I use it for when i am at school and bring my uke in,to prevent idiots from opening it and messing around with my ukulele or possibly breaking it :/

I figure if someone's going to steal it, they're going to take the whole case and crack open the tiny, cheap lock with a power tool. So there's really no use in locking it.

hard case

for my gigging uke i found a realy good violin case for 1 pound (dollar fifty)it fits perfectly but the locks have no key i was thinking of fittinga padlock hasp to it for international travel

I use it for when i am at school and bring my uke in,to prevent idiots from opening it and messing around with my ukulele or possibly breaking it :/
Thats what its for!!!!!!:eek: I couldnt figure it out.

Its not for someone stealing it. Its for people to stop messing with it. Like what if you have kids that like to get their hands on things. A lock on the case would prevent them from doing that.

I dont use the locks because I know I'd lose the keys and I don't want to have to pick the lock or break it open to get to the instrument. Plus I don't really ever need to worry about people getting inside and messing with the instrument.

I use my lock all the time. One time I set my case down and walked away to get a drink of water, I saw this guy pick up my case to steal the uke, when he saw it was locked he put it back down.:D

Kinda of silly, those locks. A thief would just take the case, and quickly. Do you think he's going to politely look inside first to see if a uke worth stealing?!?!

I've never used it but I think the lock would be useful to keep the cases closed when there are little kids (highly possible when you have little kids of your own) coming over to your house who might open the case and mess with your ukes when you're not looking.

hmmm yeah now that i think of it whenever i have had any instrument case i have never used the lock. I think it was always a mix of me thinking i would lose the key and that like been said if someone wanted to steal the instrument they would probably just take the whole thing. But i agree makes perfect sense to use it when there are little kids around. Especially if its expensive...

Top Bottom