Synchronicity II (Police cover)

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score

I have a book of Police sheet music, but the chords written out in it seem much more complex than what Andy Summers is playing. I think the book takes what Summers is playing and the bass note Sting is playing, and tries to figure out what chord you'd get if you combined the two. Anyway, I simplified a lot from what's on the sheet music.

That is some big music! Love it. thank you. I used to play that song in the dark, cranked up loud! Great to hear it again.

I have a book of Police sheet music, but the chords written out in it seem much more complex than what Andy Summers is playing. I think the book takes what Summers is playing and the bass note Sting is playing, and tries to figure out what chord you'd get if you combined the two. Anyway, I simplified a lot from what's on the sheet music.

If you are referring to the book 'The Police Complete', I have found that at least half of the songs in there are either in the wrong key, or are actually using very strange notations for the chords.

Andy Summers uses tons of add-9, minor-9, sus2, sus4 and 13th chords, and this book does not really show that.

Even though it's written for piano/vocal/guitar, I am not a great piano player at all, so over the years, I've had several very accomplished piano player friends try to play the arrangements as listed, ON the piano, and it sounds very different from the album recordings.

Like I said on post on the Seasons thread - thanks for sharing this one. I really enjoyed your video and performance.
:)

Booli, since you've played this one, you know there's only a few parts of the song where Summers is playing chords at all. Most of it, he's playing fairly simple lead lines. The Police were pretty amazing at always making it seem like there were a lot more notes being played than there really were.

And yeah, it's the "Police Complete" book I have. I also had bought previously the book for just the Synchronicity album, and it's the exact same.

Top Bottom