Mele Mahogany Soprano w/ thin neck

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
SOLD

Hi All,

I bought this new in 2017 in Maui while on vacation. This appears to be new old stock as this is a discontinued model from Mele. It has a smaller body than their new sopranos. This one has a few scratches on it from being in the store so long that are hard to photo.

My favorite feature of this mahogany model is the thin neck. It reminds me of a Loprinzi. Also, the nut width is 1.5".

Setup is great. It looks to have a wood (ebony or rosewood) nut and saddle. The tone sounds smoother and warmer than my Martin S-1 but every bit as loud. It's really fun to play and thin neck fans will love it.

The geared tuners work well and surprisingly don't make the neck that heavy. Overall build of the ukulele is light.

Asking $250 shipped and it comes with a nifty gig bag.

IMG_7880.jpgIMG_7881.jpgIMG_7885.jpgIMG_7883.jpgIMG_7884.jpg

Last edited:
Just to clarify, are you in the US? I'm guessing you are only willing to ship to the US, not worldwide...

Just to clarify, are you in the US? I'm guessing you are only willing to ship to the US, not worldwide...

I am in the US. Ideally I'd like to ship within the US, but feel free to PM me....

I am in the US. Ideally I'd like to ship within the US, but feel free to PM me....

If it was a concert, I'd snap it up, but not really looking for a soprano right now. Good luck with the sale. I love Mele ukes...

If it was a concert, I'd snap it up, but not really looking for a soprano right now. Good luck with the sale. I love Mele ukes...

Thanks....I like Mele's a lot also. I had fun trying them out in Maui. However, there is something I'm trying to raise funds for, so trying to sell this one along with a Martin S-1 and mahogany laminate Flea soprano.

iPhone video of some strumming and thumbing added to the first post....

I have two Meles - pineapple and a tenor labeled Braddah. I like them enormously. I believe they are seriously under appreciated.

There's a Mele Mahogany Concert for sale on the Flea Market Music marketplace for $299. It's the 11th post down from the top:

https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/default.asp

The seller already contacted me. Shipping would be tricky and I'm trying to decide what to do with another uke I own right now. At the point I said I'd "snap it up" I was dead set on selling it and buying a replacement, but now I'm wavering... Thanks for thinking of me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom