Tenor uke with percusibility advice - maybe the Kala KA-SRT-CTG???

Tictactom

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m a uke player in training 🙂 I’m a guitarist who’s well into the percussive stuffs. I usually use a lowden for GuitarTuna stuffs and am very happy with the lr bags anthem. I need an equivalent ukulele but obvs for a fraction of the price. My budget is 500 gbp so that should get me something fairly good.

Have been looking at the Kala KA-SRT-CTG and it sounds good as well as ratings, reviews and YouTube can allow me. Hopefully one of you ukulele aficionados can shed some light and point me in the right direction. Uke preamps are limited so I should probably point out I’ve got a soldering ion and I’m jot afraid to use if need be

Any thought are appreciated

I have the Kala cedar top baritone & love its sound/tone - & everybody that has the tenor size seems to agree.

(I use Living Water fluorocarbon strings on mine.)

I have the tenor cutaway solid cedar top AE, it's my go to gig uke because it has great projection and sustain, even with the stock Aquila strings. I did a simple side-by-side comparison to a couple of the $1000+ K brand ukes and felt the Kala is so close for $380, the others are not worth it. I've installed many pre-amps in my ukes, but the one that comes with the Kala is perfectly fine for me, so I left it.

Top Bottom