PDA

View Full Version : The Ladies of Uke

Nickie
10-10-2017, 05:06 PM
We don't see many pics of each other on here. So, since I am so proud of my ensemble, I thought I'd post one of us playing in the local John Lennon Tribute last Sunday.103600
We helped raise over $1300 for Metropolitan Ministries to feed the homeless on Thanksgiving Day. In case you're' wondering I'm the 3rd from the left, with a concentrating look on my mug.

kohanmike
10-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Very nice meeting you Nicki. Here's a few of The CC Strummers with the music therapist at UCLA/Mattel Children's Hospital last month for our regular play and give-away visit, I'm in the back middle. (May I make a suggestion, attach your photo after all your typing, including two carriage returns, so you don't breakup the paragraph.)

http://www.kohanmike.com/uploads/Mattel 2017-9-27.jpg

pix.fairydust
10-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Lovely to see photos :)

Well done raising so much money, it will go to such great use

Booli
10-11-2017, 12:33 AM
I love seeing the photos!

Kudos to you for your fund-raising efforts, both Nickie and Mike!

Thanks for sharing :)

DownUpDave
10-11-2017, 01:04 AM
So Nickie you are third from the left or second from the right, I love your stylish glasses, nice color. You all look to be concentrating really hard. Congratulations to you and you as well Konamike from the important causes you both support.

zztush
10-11-2017, 01:45 AM
Hi, Nickie! Thank you for showing off your beautiful legs instead of your beautiful ukulele. Actually I am not interested in your ukulele. :)

Booli
10-11-2017, 02:45 AM
Hi, Nickie! Thank you for showing off your beautiful legs instead of your beautiful ukulele. Actually I am not interested in your ukulele. :)

Now now - be nice - we don't want the ukuleles to get jealous! :rolleyes:

actadh
10-11-2017, 04:13 AM
I am not very lady-like, but here is one of me from our ukulele choir's first outdoor gig at a church neighborhood jam. We must have been a scary bunch as they put caution tape around our stage ;)

Congratulations on your wonderful fund-raising effort!

Nickie
10-11-2017, 04:41 AM

Ha ha! You made me blush!
Mike, thanks for the photo tip, I'm a real amateur at posting them. Congrats on your hospital ensemble!

OhioBelle
10-12-2017, 12:59 AM
Love those orchid-colored glasses Nickie!

Also love what you ladies are doing to make the world a better place.

Ukecaster
10-12-2017, 02:12 AM
?...We must have been a scary bunch as they put caution tape around our stage ;

If that was me playing, they'd need crime scene tape! ;)

bonesigh
10-12-2017, 03:32 PM
I raise my uke to you all (:

zztush
10-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Hi, Mike! Thank you for the photo. I see why you play bass uku by this photo. And I see you really enjoy it. I think Paul McCartney volunteered for it in the Beatles. :)

Hi, Laura! Thank you for the photo. I am really scared if such ladies marched singing Country Roads Take Me Home.