Reviving an ukulele

santosclause

Reaction score
ok, so ive been looking around for a new uke just to try and satisfy the itch and while im meandering around the local thrift shop i see an ukulele. sure it may be beat up but its an ukulele. so i ask the lady behind the counter to hand it to me and she goes "oh, you mean the small guitar thingy? ok." long story short, it was five bucks and i bought it. so now im goin to try and make it look good once again. pics will be going along with this thread.

This'll be fun to watch! Welcome.

When I first went looking for a uke last December I called a local pawn shop. The dude said he had one, and would take $10 for it.

I about flew downtown to go get it....only to find out it looked as if someone had been trying to chop firewood with it....after finding it on the bottom of a lake....

The "saddle" was a rolled-up empty match book....no lie! The back of the body was more detached than attached. I went home empty handed (with my $10 still in my pocket) :D

I recommend this knowing that it costs 5 times more than the uke you just bought, but you can use it on your other ukes / guitars as well. I bought this to revive a couple of old neglected ukes and the result was astounding. Everything you need to breathe new life into it.

See, that's for a uke in decent shape. Now if you want to go hardcore, get some sandpaper and some of this stuff. My Mele looks good as new. Hoo rah.

People don't revive ukuleles; ukuleles revive people!

ive been working on her. have finished sanding down the girl and have some aquila strings on the way. i also have some new tuning knobs coming in. hope she sounds great.

...yeah we're really gonna need to see some pics, i'm just saying :D:D:D

Top Bottom