NUD: Timms

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Had the good fortune to find a Timms Style O, and worked out a trade deal. Very sweet uke. Came with Worth BM strings, but I'm liking the CM set better. Still in the honeymoon stage, but so far, it is loud & clear, with great note separation, very well balanced, with bell tones. I love the ebony fretboard, it seems slicker than rosewood, and is very easy to slide around accurately.

Cheesy soundclip into smartphone: https://vault.myvzw.com/webcs/app/share/invite/7YMW6hWjyF

12.jpg 11.jpg image2.jpg

image3.jpg image6.jpg

Last edited:
It looks really nice and I anticipate that it will give you a lot of fun playing it. Getting a Timms here in the U.K. seems rather hard to do, well they sure seemed cheaper and easier to buy before the pound devalued. Interesting about the ebony fretboard, I’m wondering whether ebony will become more popular.

Not sure on the fretboard. This one was completed May 2017, and has the newer style W/B/W rosette.

Hi, Ukecaster!

It looks very nice and sound is very good. This song is very familiar with me but I don't know the name of it. Which song is this? Your vocal is also very nice.

Thanks. That song is Ain't She Sweet. I've only been uking since Feb, but that song seems to be a classic that many uke players know.

You lucky dog! That sure looks a lot like a Martin, to me. Does it sound like one? Congratulations!

Top Bottom