Help! Fluke dilemma! (sorta)

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi folks,

The beauty you see below is my concert Fluke.

fluke.jpg

It's my office uke. I like it immensely, and use it from time to time to post Season of the Ukulele entries from my car during breaks.

Problem: I recently bought soprano Koa Flea. It's amazing. The wooden fretboard is a dream. I love playing it more than any MFC instrument I've owned.

I want to upgrade my Fluking experience. Hence, the dilemma. Do I send my office Fluke to Massachusetts for a new fretboard, or do I sell the office Fluke and buy a new Fluke with the proper bells and whistles?

My guess is the new one would set me back about $100 more than upgrading the current one. I also could get a different top.

But I tend to be frugal, so what's your suggestion?

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.

Live with what you have while you save more money. When more money is saved, purchase the Fluke of your dreams. Then the Dream Fluke becomes the new office Fluke, and the (current) office Fluke becomes the new car/camping/travel Fluke.

Problem solved!

Scooter

When I asked MF C about upgrading top and fretboard, they told me to see the one I have and buy new one with everything you want. For me, I'd sell my Fluke tenor which is poly fretboard that I upgraded to pegheds and I'd get the solid Koa or spruce with wooden fretboard and pegheds.

Just got my Koa fluke and am totally in love. Go for a new one. 9D4D0ACB-3E90-46E5-B5D8-A148863B946C.jpg

Just got my first MF instrument, a concert Flea, walnut rosette with upgraded fretboard and tuners. My only other uke is a concert mahogany Pono. I love the Pono, but I'm planning to put it away for the winter (very dry air here in my heated apartment) and use the Flea exclusively, maybe take it to work sometimes to play during lunch.

I am immediately happy with my Flea and it's upgrades. :D
flea_ukulele.jpg

Scooter1552 and Toby --

Two gorgeous instruments!

I brought the Fluke home for the weekend to give it some intense work/play and see if I want to upgrade now or take ScooterD35's advice and buy a new one later (keeping the herd together ... ).

Top Bottom