Holding the OASIS humidifier in place?

flailingfingers

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I've found the OASIS to be the most effective uke humidifier however it often comes loose from the strings and falls into the body of the uke when I carry the uke in its case. Anyone solved this problem?

Has happened to me before and not just during transport. I have held it in place using a rubber band to wrap around.

Never had a problem myself, but some friends put a folded dishcloth on top of the strings, it helps to keep it from sliding around.

Never had a problem myself, but some friends put a folded dishcloth on top of the strings, it helps to keep it from sliding around.

I do the same with the microfibre cleaning cloth I keep in the case. Placed over top the strings it keeps the Oasis in place.

I do the same with the microfibre cleaning cloth I keep in the case. Placed over top the strings it keeps the Oasis in place.
Sounds good. I always have the cloth in the case, usually in the small accessories box, so I'll just use it in this way. Sweet.
Oops. Discovered the cloth system doesn't work for me. Did figure out a secure way to use a rubber band. It takes a moment and is harder to undo but I'll only use it when traveling with the uke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom