Strummin’ Man Ukulele Festival

Osprey

Reaction score
I attended the Strummin’ Man Festival this past weekend in Panama City, FL. I had a blast. There were great artists (Tiamane, Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, Lil’ Rev, Rachel Manke), informative workshops, lot’s of performances, jam sessions, open Mic’s, vendors and just great interaction and fellowship with other ukulele players. I was awed by the performance of the professional artists, inspired by the performances of local ukulele clubs, including 16 of us that came over from Pensacola, learned a lot at the workshops and came home with a brand new ukulele. This was my first Ukulele Festival but I hope it won’t be my last. If you have a change to go to one, GO!!!!, You won’t regret it. BTW, the Panama City Club announced they will do it again next year.

Very cool Osprey! Several TBUS members carpooled up to attend it too. Congrats on your new uke, hope you learned some cool licks!
TBUG is in a couple of weeks, and I heard there are still tickets left, so if your not festivaled out, come on down. The SMF was modeled after TBUG....

Would love to come down to TBUG but my travel budget is blown for this year. Several of my friends have been down and have really enjoyed it. Maybe next year when I don’t have as many weddings and eclipses to visit.

Glad you had such a great time, uke festivals are sooo much fun. Your comment about "coming home with a brand new ukulele" did not go unnoticed. What'd ya get, what'd ya get!!!!!

Glad you had such a great time, uke festivals are sooo much fun. Your comment about "coming home with a brand new ukulele" did not go unnoticed. What'd ya get, what'd ya get!!!!!

I had Mike from Uke Republic bring down a Kala Cedar topped Baritone. I only met Mike once several years ago in his shop and I didn’t buy an uke at the time just some strings. But as I walked up on Friday he pulled out the Baritone tuned it and said here ya go Cliff. One strum and I was so in love with the tone. I immediately dug for my wallet. It is a very pretty ukulele with the Cedar top and the padduk binding. I’ll take some pictures and do a NUD in a few days when my life settles down.

I hope you can come to TBUG in 2018! I've never bought an ukulele from Mike, but I always enjoy visiting with him at TBUG. My friend Annie more than makes up the difference, she is trying to put Mike's kids through college buying ukes. We have 2 that she sold us used....fickle girl.

I certainly will try to come. It’s been years since I have spent any time in the Tampa Bay Area. To add ukuleles into the mix, it’s a siren song for sure.

I had Mike from Uke Republic bring down a Kala Cedar topped Baritone. I only met Mike once several years ago in his shop and I didn’t buy an uke at the time just some strings. But as I walked up on Friday he pulled out the Baritone tuned it and said here ya go Cliff. One strum and I was so in love with the tone. I immediately dug for my wallet. It is a very pretty ukulele with the Cedar top and the padduk binding. I’ll take some pictures and do a NUD in a few days when my life settles down.

Congratulations Cliff, you have a pair or great Kala baritones. The sound sample from HMS of the cedar top baritone always impressed me. I will look forward to your review.

Top Bottom