Hello from the past

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Tudorp (Tony) here. Just thought I would stop in and say "Hey". Been awhile since I posted. Seems like a lot of new "faces" around here. I have been stopping by and lurking for awhile though.

I am good. We sold our place in Michigan and moved back to Texas several months ago. Bought some property and been busy renovating an old home on the property we bought. Still been finding time to pull the Uke out and play in the evenings to wind down. Hope all my old friends here are doing well. I'll check in from time to time.. ;)

Welcome back, Tony

A few of us are a bit missing in action these days, but like you, drop in now and then .... but still play uke! :D

Nice to see you back here Tony. I hope that your health has been good recently. Still building any ukes?

My health has been good and still getting better. Those of you that were around then, knew I had some serious health issues, including obesity. Over the past several years, I had lost somewhere around 340 lbs, and my health has improved many fold. I still have some limitations from the stroke, but have learned to just accept it, and adapt to it. All is well.. ;)

And yes Doug, before my stroke, I was building the little mini ukes. I have not built any since the stroke several years ago, but at some point plan to build some more. My oldest son I gave one of my regular playing sopranos to him and he has since started playing and has made me promise to build him a concert. He says he wants one that I actually built, so I told him I would, and have to make good on that, so yes, I will fire up the shop again sometime in the near future.

Last edited:
Tony, Glad to see you back. I am not sure we interacted much when you were active before, but I remember you. Congrats on the weight loss. I am also fighting my rotundous figure. I have lost about 80 lbs in the last 9 months or so. I am continuing to lose and am feeling better all the time.
Cliff

Good to see you're back , and happy to hear you are doing well health wise which is even better. I lurk around here , try not to post , but couldnt resist saying "Hello " .

Aloha long-lost brother Tony!

I never had the chance to thank you for your posts way back regarding the Epiphone Les Paul uke...

They helped me turn an almost-nice player, into one of the better feeling and playing ukes I own, especially the procedure to shim the neck to get better action along the fretboard, which if course helps everything else...

So I wanted to now say thank you and let you know that your posts have always helped me, and that I really appreciate your contributions here on UU. When I first joined UU, I read almost ALL of your posts, and learned a lot from you. :)

I hope you have time to participate more, but in any case, just know that I have high regard for you.

Mahalo :cool:

Welcome Back, Tony! You have been missed!

How is the family? Your wife is great, I hope? And your sweet guitar prodigy daughter is still playing?

Keep me informed! (Same email address on this end)

hello. we have been around about the same amount of time, 2010 join dates. I used to be more active , especially posting to the seasons almost weekly. glad all is well,
happy strummin
Andy

Glad to see some of the old folk is still around. Thanks all for the well wishes. Booli, glad my posts awhile back were helpful. Ksiegel, good to hear from ya old friend. Yes, we are all doing well, and now living back in Texas. I sure am happy to be out of that harsh winter north. With my arthritis, it sure if much more tolerable down here.. lol. Wife is doing well as she is back home here near her family and can spend a lot of time with her elderly mother. My daughter is doing great and moving forward with her life now. She came back to Texas with us, and found a good guy she has been dating for a couple years. He recently manned up and asked me for her hand in marriage. That was a funny story because I had him shook up a bit, but he got my blessings and welcomed to the family. She doesn't get to play as much as she used to, but still does as often as she can. She will never give that up. Still sings a lot too. We are all doing great, happy and blessed. Thanks.. ;)

I sure am happy to be out of that harsh winter north. With my arthritis, it sure if much more tolerable down here.. lol. Wife is doing well as she is back home here near her family and can spend a lot of time with her elderly mother. My daughter is doing great and moving forward with her life now. She came back to Texas with us, and found a good guy she has been dating for a couple years. He recently manned up and asked me for her hand in marriage. That was a funny story because I had him shook up a bit, but he got my blessings and welcomed to the family. She doesn't get to play as much as she used to, but still does as often as she can. She will never give that up. Still sings a lot too. We are all doing great, happy and blessed. Thanks.. ;)

Well congratulations across the board, Tony! We're still here in NY - my mother-in-law passed away in April, but she went on her own terms, and my wife was there at the end. Then we had to make several trips back out to CA to deal with the house, but all is done, and life moves forward.

I totally understand the arthritis and cold - I was formally diagnosed with arthritis in my lower back just after Thanksgiving last year, and now I have a name for the pain when I lift, bend, twist, sit, bend, or stand too long. But as my wife keeps reminding me, it ain't the age - it's the mileage.

Stay well, my friend!

Aloha Tony! Great to hear from you! I'm glad to hear that you and your family are doing well. Texas will definitely be warmer than Michigan! My sister and her family live in Sugar Land Texas, which is just outside of Houston. Their area got hit pretty hard by Hurricane Harvey, but their home and neighborhood were spared. I hope to see you here more often, as your time permits.

Good to see you back Tony!

Welcome back. and I am so glad that your health has improved.

Top Bottom