band + performance = HAIR OUT

Harold O.

Reaction score
I am still buzzing over this afternoon, five hours ago I performed with a band live on stage.

My local Guitar Merchant store has a band jam on Tuesday nights. There's a drummer, bassist, keyboard, and guitar player. They've been together since last summer, playing mostly blues and rock songs. The bass player asked me to join in and I did so about two weeks ago.

Mind you, I've only been playing since November and had no music experience before that. But I know a bunch of chords and can at least keep a decent rhythm.

Come to find out that they had agreed to play for a birthday party on the Guitar Merchant stage some time ago. Today was the day. I wanted to beg off and stay out of their way, but decided that if I want to be part of the band, I need to play with the band.

So I sucked it up and played. I even sang an old Lou Reed song, My Love is Chemical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krof8u2RM2E Jeez, that was hard. You'd be surprised how many exits I could identify in that room.

Our set went through ten songs and lasted about an hour. Afterward, folks expressed interest in hearing more uke. I am still buzzing. :cool:

'Tis fun for sure. Congrats.

Top Bottom